This Turkey Burger Recipe is truly delicious! It’s lighter in fat than a traditional burger, but moist and full of flavor. A hit for everyone!
Our grill works over time in summer because it makes for such easy dinner recipes. The days when we don’t want to stand over a stove, or heat up our house by turning on our oven, the grill is our perfect solution.
Also, can I just say that eating dinner outside somehow feels like a vacation?
If you need a backyard vacation too, then you are going to love these easy Turkey Burgers. The flavor starts with my Hamburger Seasoning and makes these truly delicious. Your family is going to love this great turkey burger recipe.
Ingredients for the Best Turkey Burger Recipe
As I mentioned, there are some great seasonings that when combined make for the perfect burger.
- 93% lean ground turkey
- egg whites
- bread crumbs
- brown sugar
- onion powder
- black pepper
- garlic powder
If you already regularly make my hamburger seasoning, skip all those seasonings and add 1 tablespoon of that!
How to Make Turkey Burgers
I initially made this recipe without the bread crumbs and the egg whites, and they just weren’t right. They ended up not moist enough.
While they add some calories to your burger, a little bread crumbs and egg whites seem worth it to make a turkey burger you actually want to eat.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix very well to ensure that the spices are well distributed throughout the burgers.
- In the same bowl, gently push the mixture down so it is level in the bottom of the bowl. Then divide the mixture evenly into four burgers. (See photo above.)
- Shape them into patties that are roughly four inches across.
- Grill them for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Or cook them in a lightly greased skillet until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
This is such an easy turkey burger recipe. You will be making them all the time.
You definitely could mix up the patties for these the night before. Be sure to stack them with wax paper between the patties and store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Additionally, you could do the same method of stacking and freeze them. These would store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months. They can be cooked from frozen, just know that you will have to cook them a bit longer and monitor their internal temperature.
Calories in a Turkey Burger
These Turkey Burgers clock in at 197 calories a patty. This is just slightly lower than a beef hamburger. Keep in mind, however, that they have about half the fat content that a beef hamburger has.
What to Serve with Turkey Burgers
There are so many great recipes that would go perfect with my turkey burgers. But this is what would ideally be in front of me in my backyard vacation.
- Sweet Potato Fries: You see these pictured with my turkey burgers and I can attest to how perfectly the two go together.
- Strawberry Lemonade: This recipe was made to be had in the backyard.
- Cucumber Tomato Salad: I love the simplicity of this salad, and it is perfect for grilling nights.
- Corn Salad: This is another great salad that your family will adore.
- Grilled Pineapple: If you have your grill fired up, I hope you added a pineapple to your shopping list because this recipe can’t be beat.
If you make my Turkey Burger Recipe or any of my other recipes please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 egg whites whisked
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat your grill to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together until well combined. Divide evenly into four, shape them into four patties that are roughly 4 inches across.
- Grill the turkey burgers for 5 minutes on each side or until an internal thermometer registers 165 degrees. (Alternatively, using a small amount of cooking oil, cook in a skillet.)
- Serve on a bun with ketchup, tomato, red onion, and letucce.