These Homemade Granola Bars can be made in about 10 minutes and they are a delicious snack that is perfect for when you are on the go! If you are looking for more great snacks that your kids will love, try these five ingredient energy bites, this Italian popcorn, or of course you could always just go with this straight up homemade granola recipe!
I’m so happy to be partnering with Mini Babybel® to bring you some awesome summer snacking ideas!
Summer is just around the corner and I am *freaking out* over all.the.things.
First. Working full time from home with three kids and no yard (we don’t have grass yet at the new house!!!) sounds like . . . OMG. I’m so scared.
Second. Activities. You guys. My kids want to be in all.the.things. I’m so scared. #holdme
Finally. Snacks! My kiddos are like tiny little walking vacuums sucking up all the snacks they can find all time. It’s like they are tiny little trendy 30 year olds looking for a tapas dinner, only instead of mini beef sliders they want pretzels and fruit and granola bars and cheese.
My kiddos love these Mini Babybels.
Whew. One problem solved.
We even have a special compartment in our refrigerator that is totally perfect for holding them. It’s low enough that even the three year old can get one out, pull the little red tab, peal off the wax and take a bite! We always keep that compartment stocked with them.
THESE HOMEMADE GRANOLA BARS MAKE THE PERFECT ON THE GO SNACK
I love snacks that taste great and that I feel good about giving my kids. In addition to the Mini Babybels, the kiddos will be spending the summer snacking on fresh fruit and these delicious homemade chewy granola bars. They are no bake and so easy. Perfect for on the go snacking.
And as for activities . . . for sure we are going to be carting our Mini Babybel and homemade granola bars to swimming and ballet and baseball and karate and whew. But when we aren’t doing that we are going to have movie nights at home while I take a deep breath.
WHY WE LOVE THIS EASY GRANOLA BAR RECIPE
- It’s easy to make.
- You could substitute in other ingredients that you love more.
- They fill the kiddos up.
- I feel great about giving them to my kids!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE GRANOLA BARS
- Line a small baking dish with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Combine all your dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Bring your wet ingredients to a simmer and let it thicken up.
- Mix them together and press itnto the pan.
- Let them set, cut them up, and et them!
So so easy!
Homemade Chewy Granola Bars
- 2 cups quick cooking oats not old fashioned
- 1/2 cup O shaped cereal
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place foil in an 8 by 8 baking dish. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the quick cooking oats, cereal, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, combine the honey, butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer until thick. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for about five minutes.
- Pour the liquid over the mixture in the large bowl and stir to combine. Pour it into the square baking dish and push down to fill it evenly. Sprinkle with additional mini chocolate chips.
- Cover and allow to cool for four hours or overnight.
- Remove from the pan and cut into equal pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.