Honey BBQ Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs are the perfect party appetizer! Tender, savory meatballs dripping in the sweetest honey barbecue sauce you’ve ever tasted, they’re always first to be gobbled up!
Honey BBQ Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs
Looking for a party appetizer that hits the spot but doesn’t take hours to make? Look no further than this super simple Honey BBQ Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs recipe. The two-ingredient sauce is so yummy, and it enhances the flavor of the savory meatballs. Perfect for holiday parties, game day gatherings or even pair them with some rice and a salad for a quick dinner.
Working with an Instant Pot
You guys, an Instant Pot is so easy to work with and true to its name, food is done in an instant! I know, I was skeptical at first, too. If you’re nervous about working with one, try some recipes in this cookbook and then read this post and then get going!
Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs from Scratch
There are two ways to make this recipe, one making meatballs from scratch and the other using frozen cocktail meatballs. If you’re in a hurry, frozen meatballs may be your best bet. Homemade cocktail meatballs take a few extra steps but taste scrumptious!
- Use the Instant Pot the same way you would use your stovetop, with the sauté button.
- Brown the meatballs in batches and then put them all back in the Instant Pot and finish off the cooking. It’s still fast and you still only dirtied one pot.
- You can make these cocktail meatballs ahead of time and then freeze! Then when it’s time to toss together a quick appetizer, just follow the steps below.
Using Instant Pot Frozen Cocktail Meatballs
This popular appetizer comes together in less than thirty minutes if you use frozen meatballs. Here’s all you do:
- Combine frozen meatballs and sauce ingredients your instant pot.
- Seal the instant pot and select high pressure and five minutes cook time.
- After a moment the instant pot will beep, it will say “on” and it will begin to build pressure. Once the pressure has built, it will count down the time.
- After the time ends, turn off the instant pot. Use the quick release on time to vent the steam.
- When the valve drops, carefully open the lid and serve.
Easy BBQ Sauce
Savory, tender meatballs pair beautifully with this simple and sweet barbecue sauce. And it’s only two ingredients!
- Grab a bottle of your favorite sauce or use my delicious homemade BBQ sauce recipe.
- Add some honey (about half of the amount of sauce you start with) and you have a simply sweet sauce perfect for these sizzling cocktail meatballs!
More Instant Pot Appetizers
Once you get the hang of working with your instant pot, there are countless recipes you can make! I especially love appetizers since they come together so quickly. Try a few of these favorites:
- Instant Pot Meatballs and Pasta
- Pressure Cooker Asian Steamed Dumplings
- Instant Pot Steamed Artichokes
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
More Mouthwatering Appetizers
Don’t have an instant pot? Try some of these no fail nibbles for your next get together.
- Spinach Balls
- Healthy Turkey Meatballs
- Blackened Shrimp
- Italian Pinwheels
- Jalapeno Popper Pull-apart Bread
Honey BBQ Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 yellow onion diced small
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 2 TBSPs butter more as needed
- 2 cups bbq sauce
- 1 cup honey
- Combine all of the ingredients for the meatballs (except the butter). Using a cookie scoop form them into 1 inch balls.
- Select the sauté function on your Instant Pot. When it says that it is hot, add the butter and melt it. Once melted, add the meatballs in batches (about three batches) to brown them. Add more butter if necessary to brown all of them. You do not need to cook them all the way through, just brown a little on two sides. After browning them all, remove any residual bits of meatballs.
- Add the bbq sauce and the honey. Return the meatballs to the Instant Pot. Make sure they are all covered by the sauce. Lock the lid in place. Select high pressure and 4 minutes cook time. The Instant Pot will beep and then it will begin to build pressure before it the timer starts counting down.
- When the cook time is done, turn your Instant Pot off and manually release the pressure by turning it to vent on the top. When the valve drops, gently remove the top. Serve meatballs!
This post contains affiliate links, if you click on them and then make a purchase, I make a small amount of money at no additional cost to you. Thank you in advance for supporting Wine & Glue.