Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini Soup is chock full of savory sausage, vibrant spinach and rich tomatoes. A favorite cozy weeknight supper perfect for chilly weather!
This creamy sausage tortellini soup is one of my favorite meals to make when the air turns chilly and we all need a healthy dose of cozy. It only takes about 15 minutes to prep and then you let the slow cooker do all the work! The savory Italian sausage, tender spinach and tortellini shine in a creamy broth seasoned with garlic, herbs and spices. This delicious and easy meal is packed with so much flavor, you are going to love it!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CREAMY TORTELLINI SOUP
This tortellini soup recipe is so hearty and filling it really stands on its own, but I love to serve it with a chunk of crusty bread for dipping and if I’m feeling super domestic, a side green salad. You could also whip up a batch of my Fast and Easy Biscuits or this really easy 3 Ingredient Beer Bread. Bake them up while the soup is cooking and you’ll have dinner on the table in no time!
What are your favorite cold weather meals? I’d love to hear from you! Drop me a comment below and let’s share ideas!
SUGGESTIONS FOR SLOW COOKER CREAMY TORTELLINI SOUP
- Find the right Italian Sausage for your family. We like the flavor of sweet Italian sausage but you could easily use a spicy hot or extra mild variety.
- You can brown the meat if you want to. I did when making this recipe because it makes it easier to break up, but if you are short on time you really don’t have to.
- Add or take away any veggies you like! This recipe is so versatile that you can toss in whatever you have on hand. I like to stir in some kale at the end, or add celery and onions too. Don’t love carrots? Leave ’em out. Make this soup your own and your family will love you.
- Use any kind of tortellini you like. My kids love the cheese stuffed tortellini but you could use tortellini stuffed with meat or spinach.
- Go really fancy and put in stuffed ravioli instead! There are all types of ravioli out there and any of them would be delicious in this soup.
- You can use fresh or frozen spinach in this soup.
- If the base doesn’t seem creamy enough, add a bit more half and half. Too thick? Drop in a little more chicken broth until it’s the consistency you like.
MORE SLOW COOKER SOUP RECIPES
If I ruled the world, we would eat soup all winter long! Luckily my kids and husband agree with me so we eat a lot of soups during the chilly months. Try some of our family’s very favorite soup recipes made in the Crock Pot, because life is too short to not let that wonderful appliance do most of the work!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Beef Barley Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Sicilian Chicken Soup
- Spicy Sausage and Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Vegetable and Meatball Soup
- Broccoli and Cheddar Soup in the Crock Pot
This nourishing, hearty soup is truly one of my favorites, and I am so excited to share it with you. I love hearing back from you so please drop me a comment if you make this recipe and let me know what you think. Sending you warm and cozy wishes this winter season!
Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini Soup
- 1.25 pounds sweet Italian sausage see note
- 3 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 TBSP dried basil
- 1/2 TBSP dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb frozen tortellini
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup half and half
- In a skillet over medium heat, break up and brown the sausage.
- Combine the browned sausage, carrots, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, crushed tomatoes, and chicken stock in a crock pot. Cook on low for 3 and a half hours.
- After three and half hours, turn your crock pot to high and add the tortellini and cook on high for a half hour. After 15 minutes, on high add the spinach.
- Just before serving when the tortellini is done and the spinach is wilted, stir in the half and half.