Sticky Chicken will be your new favorite chicken dinner. This dinner is made in about 20 minutes and so much better than take out!
One of our favorite things to eat is an easy chicken stir fry with a delicious sauce, over rice. They are usually so quick and easy to make with tons of great flavor.
This Sticky Chicken is just like that. It reminds you of something you would get from an Asian inspired food stall at the mall, only a million times better.
What is Sticky Chicken
This Sticky Chicken recipe is an Asian inspired stir fry that everyone will love. It has a very simple sauce recipe that combines soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic, honey, ginger, and chili paste for a delicious flavor.
This recipe gets it’s spice from the chili paste. You guys know how much I love chili paste from my Noodle Stir Fry and my Chicken Lettuce Wraps. It keeps in your refrigerator forever and is good in so many things.
You will note that the recipe calls for 1 tablespoon. That gave this recipe a pretty decent kick. If you are averse to spice, I recommend you cutting that in half and tasting the sauce to see if you’d like to add more.
This recipe calls for fresh ginger. You have two buying options. You can buy a stick of ginger root and grate it, or you can buy a tube of pre grated ginger.
The tube of ginger is generally more expensive, but it is so convenient that we often go that way. Additionally, then we don’t end up wasting a big piece of ginger root. You can find it with the produce in your grocery store.
What to Serve with Sticky Chicken
We love this recipe over rice, but if you are looking to round out the meal, the flavors in these salads will be the perfect accompaniment.
Other Easy Chicken and Rice Meals
- Measuring Spoons: These are perfect – especially when making sauce recipes, since they are double sided.
- Good Knife: This is perfect for dicing the chicken in this recipe.
- Skillet: This is my favorite skillet to cook in these days. Heavy bottomed and works perfectly.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chile paste
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- scallions for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
- I recommend serving this over rice. Begin the rice before you prepare the rest of the dish so that it is finished when the chicken is.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, apple cider veingar, garlic, honey, ginger, chile paste, and cornstarch.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Heat the olive oil and then add the chicken, cooking until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and cut up scallions.