Teriyaki Chicken Thighs are so easy to make in the oven. Add in some delicious vegetables and you have a fast dinner everyone will love!
Sheet pan meals are make such a no fuss dinner. You get everything you need in one pan, and it makes both prep and clean up so easy. They are perfect for busy families.
This Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken Thighs Dinner is another one pan winner! The teriyaki marinade for the boneless skinless chicken thighs is easy to throw together and perfect.
The chicken combines with vegetables and bakes up quickly. Serve this great dinner over rice and watch your family fall in love.
TERIYAKI CHICKEN MARINADE
The marinade for this recipe could not be simpler. It is fast to throw together. It is best for it to marinate for at least 1 hour, but you could do 20 minutes in a pinch.
Your best bet is to prepare it the night before and then it is ready to go when you want to make dinner.
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Rice Vinegar (or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Minced Ginger
So simple, right? The sweetness from the Teriyaki sauce brings the majority of the flavor, with everything else filling in the edges.
HOW TO MAKE TERIYAKI CHICKEN THIGHS
After the chicken marinates, it is all just a matter of baking it up together.
- Make sure to start your rice before you put your sheet pan in the oven, otherwise it won’t be ready in time.
- Add the chicken and the cut vegetables to the baking sheet.
- Pour the left over marinade over all of the vegetables and toss them.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and then serve over rice.
THE LEFTOVER MARINADE
There is a decent amount of marinade here, and it is what we are using to flavor the rest of the recipe. To simplify this recipe, I have you toss the vegetables with the marinade. We are baking everything, so it will be safe to eat the vegetables afterwards.
Another option would be to toss the vegetables with only half the marinade and boil down the rest of it while the sheet pan is baking.
- Pro: You will have a thicker sauce to pour over your recipe at the end.
- Con: It makes it less of a hands off meal.
OTHER GREAT SHEET PAN DINNERS
- I love this Sausage and Vegetable Sheet Pan dinner.
- My Baked Cod and Vegetables is delicious too.
- You can combine these Oven Baked Chicken Thighs and these Root Vegetables together to make a great sheet pan dinner.
- Finally, this Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is a great stand by to have on hand.
If you make this easy baked teriyaki chicken or ay of my other recipes, please leave me a comment to let me know what you think!
Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken Dinner
To Marinate Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup Teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger
Rest of Sheet Pan
- 3 small heads of broccoli cut into florets (or 4 cups)
- 3 medium carrots peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 yellow onion quartered and broken apart
- green onions sliced for serving
- cooked rice for serving
- Combine all of the ingredients for the chicken marinade. Pour over the chicken thighs and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- If you would like to eat this dinner with rice, be sure to start that before you put the sheet pan in the oven.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the vegetables around it. Pour the remaining marinade over the vegetables. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the chicken registers 165 degrees.