This Watermelon Pina Colada is the perfect summer twist on a regular Pina Colada! You’ll love it!
How to Make Watermelon Pina Colada
- Freeze Watermelon. Cut the watermelon into 1 inch cubes. Place them on a wax paper lined plate. Place in the freezer overnight.
- Blend everything together. Combine the rum, cream of coconut, and frozen fruit in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Do I have to freeze the watermelon?
Yes. If you don’t freeze it, the whole mixture will be very watery. An alternative is to blend the whole mixture and then freeze it. You will then need to blend it again before serving.
What is cream of coconut?
This is a can of coconut milk (we often use Coco Lopez) with added ingredients including sugar. If you want to use coconut milk instead, you may need to a also add simple syrup to sweeten it.
Can I use fresh pineapple or canned pineapple?
You can, but you may find that it makes the end result too watery. Using both frozen watermelon and frozen pineapple will give you the consistency you see here.
More Pina Coladas
If you are obsessed with pina coladas like we are, you will want to try these other great recipes.
Watermelon Pina Colada
- 4 cups diced watermelon about a quarter of a large watermelon, frozen
- 12 ounces frozen pineapple
- 15 ounces cream of coconut (we like Coco Lopez)
- 1 cup rum
- Cut the watermelon into cubes. Place it on a wax paper lined plate and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Combine the cocont cream, frozen watermelon, frozen pineapple, and rum in a large blender. Blend until smooth.
This post first appeared on Real Housemoms where I was a contributor.