This Cherry Cheesecake is an easy to make no bake dessert that will be a hit with everyone. The easy to find ingredients, plus our shortcuts, make this an ideal dessert!
If there is one thing my husband cannot resist, it is Cherry Cheesecake. It was the dessert at our wedding, and it is his number one weakness. If you love someone who loves cheesecake but are intimidated about baking them one, this simple to make dessert is perfect.
How to Make No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- Make the crust: We are combining melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar for this perfect crust. It needs no baking, just a little time in the refrigerator to set up.
- Make the filling: Our simple no bake cheesecake filling consists of powdered sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and heavy cream. It is the perfect base for so many amazing cheesecake recipes.
- Let it set: This cheesecake takes eight hours to set up in the refrigerator overnight, so plan ahead.
- Make the cherry topping: Finally, combine cherry juice, corn starch, cinnamon, almond extract, and some sugar over heat and then stir in some frozen cherries for a great cherry topping.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature. In order for this cheesecake to be the right consistency, you want to use room temperature cream cheese. Leave it out of it’s wrapper on a plate for an hour.
- Use the whisk attachment of a stand mixer for a smooth and creamy filling. This attachment will fully incorporate the bricks of cream cheese with the rest of the ingredients.
- Make the cherry topping the day before. Since the cheesecake needs to refrigerate overnight and the cherry topping needs to cool to be used, I suggest making the cherry topping at the same time as the cream cheese so it is fully cooled when you are ready to top.
- To make the cheesecake extra easy to cut, put it in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving.
We love that this cherry cheesecake recipe is from scratch, however, if you wanted to make it a little faster there are two easy shortcuts.
- Substitute Cool Whip: Instead of making your own whipped cream, take out the heavy cream in this recipe and 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar. Replace it with Cool Whip.
- Use Store Bought Cherry Pie Filling: I love my mom’s cherry pie filling, but if you want to save yourself a step, use a store-bought can.
Making Cherry Cheesecake Bars
This recipe is two in one! You can turn this into cherry cheesecake bars by making these in a 9 by 13 inch pan instead of a spring form pan.
Other No Bake Treats
If you make this easy and delicious cheesecake recipe, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 11 sheets of crackers)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cherry juice (apple juice will work in it's place)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cherries
To Make Crust
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sguar. Stir together until it has the consistency of wet sand.
- Pour into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan, pressing it down firmly. Place in the refrigerator while preparing the filing.
To Make the Filling
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, powderd sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice together until smooth.
- In a seaparate bowl, beat the heavy cream until it has a thick consistency, similar to shaving cream. Fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the filling over the crust, cover, and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
To Make Cherry Topping
- In a large sauce pan over low to medium heat, combine the cherry juice, sugar, corn starch, almond extract, and cinnamon. Stir consistently, allowing the mixture to thicken, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the almond extract and food coloring (if using). Then stir in the frozen cherries. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes,
- Let the cherry topping cool completely before adding to the top of the cheesecake.