This Cherry Limeade is delicious, refreshing, and so easy to make! It is the perfect kid-friendly drink on a hot day.
There is something so refreshing about a big glass of lemonade on a hot day. If you are looking for the perfect fun spin on lemonade, this Cherry Limeade does the trick. It is a great summer day project with the kids.
Reminiscent of Sonic’s Cherry Limeade, but made easily at home, your family will love this delicious treat! This recipe is a fun twist on our Strawberry Lemonade, another great summer recipe.
Want to add an adult spin to this drink? Make our Cherry Lime Vodka Tonic!
How to Make Cherry Limeade
- Make Cherry Puree: In a food processor or blender combine thawed frozen cherries and lime juice until the cherries are very fine.
- Make Cherry Lime Syrup: In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cherry-lime puree, water, and sugar. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Strain: Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large pitcher.
- Cool: Allow the mixture to cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Mix: Once the mixture is completely cooled, combine with 3 cups of cold water and serve.
What to Serve with Cherry Limeade
If you are hosting a backyard summer BBQ, here are some great recipes that will go perfectly with this amazing drink.
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches: These are easy to make, and taste like your favorite take out, but better!
- Steak Kabobs: The marinade for this recipe makes the meat melt in your mouth tender.
- Grilled Corn: This is one of our favorites all summer long!
- Watermelon Salad: We love this fresh and fun salad.
How long does cherry limeade last?
This recipe will keep in your refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Always use your best judgement when it comes to leftovers.
Can we use fresh cherries?
You can use fresh cherries, just keep in mind that they will need to be pitted and will need to simmer a little longer to get nice and soft.
Does it have to be strained?
Yes, I recommend that you strain the cherry limeade with a mesh strainer for a more enjoyable beverage.
If you make this Cherry Limeade recipe or any of my other recipes, please be sure to leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
- 12 ounces frozen cherries thawed
- 1 cup fresh lime juice about 10 medium limes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups of water divided
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cherries and lime juice together so that the cherries are very fine.
- In a saucepan over low heat, bring the cherry-lime mixture, 1 cup of water, and the sugar to a low boil, stirring consistently. Simmer until the sugar is compltely dissolved
- Strain the mixture into a large pitcher and allow it cool completely in the refrigerator. This will take about 2 hours.
- Add the remaining three cups of water and serve over ice.