This Cilantro Lime Rice recipe is fresh, flavorful and tastes just like what you get at your favorite Tex Mex restaurant. And with just three ingredients, you can easily make it at home!
This Cilantro Lime Rice is so flavorful and easy to make! All three ingredients are in the actual title, so there’s no funny business or complicated recipes to follow for this one. The fragrant cilantro and tangy lime has some terrific Tex-Mex vibes, and tastes exactly like what you’d get at Chipotle, Q-Doba and Cafe Rio. I love a big bowl of this rice and chicken with all the fixings!
Love this but want a lighter version? Make my Cilantro Lime Quinoa!
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice
This rice could not be more simple to make. You will make it once, and wonder why you haven’t been making it every time you have taco night. Only three ingredients, only three steps!
- Bring 2 cups of rice and four cups of water to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes or until the water is fully absorbed.
- Fluff the rice, transfer it to a bowl, and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
What to Serve with this Rice Side Dish
The possibilities are endless in our house on taco night. I love a bowl of cilantro lime rice with black beans and veggies. Here are some other tasty recipes to throw into the mix with your rice side dish. My kids love it wrapped in a burrito shell with some ground beef and cheese.
- It would go perfect next to my tacos made with my TACO MEAT.
- If you are having taco night, you really need to be making my PICO DE GALLO.
- And where there are tacos, there should really be MARGARITAS!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, leave me a comment and let me know!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups water
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons) (see note)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Bring rice and water to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the water is fully absorbed.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice.