This Gold Rush Cocktail made with bourbon, honey, and lemon juice is the perfect easy drink for sipping on the patio.
This gorgeous gold rush drink recipe isn’t for sipping under the covers while blowing your nose. Nope! It’s like a cold hot-toddy. The bourbon flavor blends flawlessly with lemon and honey to create a refreshing cocktail that you’ll love to sip slowly on a warm afternoon.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE A GOLD RUSH COCKTAIL?
All you need for a batch of this delicious gold rush is probably in your kitchen right now! Good bourbon, lemon juice, and honey. That’s it. Oh, and ice. It’s a cold drink, after all.
HOW TO MAKE GOLD RUSH COCKTAILS
- Combine 12 ounces of bourbon with half a cup of lemon juice and half a cup of honey.
- Mix all the ingredients together, making sure to fully incorporate the honey.
- TIP: Microwave the honey for ten seconds so it’s easier to pour and combine with the other ingredients. You can also add a small bit of hot water to make it thinner, if nuking it isn’t your thing.
- Pour into tall glasses with large ice cubes and prepare to sit and sip the summer away.
See recipe below to make one serving. But this is the kind of drink you’ll want to have on hand for an evening of relaxing outside.
Gold Rush Cocktail
For One Cocktail:
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey softened or thinned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
For One Pitcher (Makes Six Drinks)
- 12 ounces bourbnon
- 1/2 cup honey softened or thinned
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- To make one cocktail: In a mixing glass, whisk together ingredients until fully combined. Shake with ice and then strain into a glass with a large ice cube.
- To make a full pitcher: Whisk the ingredients together in a large pitcher, making sure to fully incorporate the honey. Chill in the refrigerator for two to four hours. Strain into glasses with large ice cubes.