This Breakfast Sliders Recipe is going to be your family’s new favorite recipe! Layer upon layer of delicious flavors that come together in the perfect breakfast slider. This breakfast recipe is perfect for a family brunch, but so delicious you will want to make it for dinner regularly!
Happy Monday, my friends! If you follow me on Instagram and watch my stories (Oooo! Maybe you caught some on Facebook Stories too), you know that I was in Chicago over the weekend. I was there to go to a Home and Housewares Show. It was HUGE! It was totally crazy to see all the different brands that were there, seriously hundreds. I had such a good time connecting with brands, geeking out over all things related to cooking (a hand mixer that softens your butter AS YOU MIX IT!), and having amazing conversations with old friends and new. I’m so incredibly fortunate to share this business world with such great souls.
Breakfast Sliders Recipe
I made this Breakfast Sliders Recipe last week before I left town, and it as so delicious! Originally, I planned on sharing it with you closer to Easter because it is such a great brunch recipe, but I was too excited about it’s rich incredible flavors. I am always trying to dream up a new quick easy sliders recipe because I know how easy these are to feed a crowd. While the cooking of the eggs, sausage, and bacon makes these not as quick as some of my other slider recipes, they are so amazingly tasty that I think it makes sup for it.
How Do You Make Breakfast Sliders?
- Start with 12 dinner rolls. You could certainly make these Hawaiian roll sliders if you love that flavor. It is certainly delicious!
- After you cut your dinner rolls in half, you put the bottom in the casserole dish and brush it with flavored melted butter.
- You add a layer of scrambled eggs.
- Next, add a layer of cooked breakfast sausage and bacon.
- Then add a thick layer of cheese.
- Finally put on the top of the dinner rolls and brush them with the remaining flavored melted butter.
Please note that the preparation time on these breakfast sliders is dependent on you cooking the eggs and the sausage/bacon mixture at the same time.
Breakfast Sliders Layers
I love a good layered sliders recipe. I made sure to photograph the layers so you can see it in action.
Start with your scrambled eggs.
Then add the cooked bacon and breakfast sausage.
Finally, top with cheese slices.
Then top with the roll tops.
Can I Leave Out the Bacon or Sausage?
Yes! If you aren’t into breakfast sausage, or you don’t really dig on bacon, you can leave one out. If that is your plan, I would double the other. I would not, however, leave out both. They add a lot of flavor to these breakfast sliders. They would be bland without at least one.
Can I Use Shredded Cheese?
I think that the cheese slices just work so well in this recipe. I would encourage you to buy pre sliced cheese and top the sausage and bacon with it. I mean, just check out that gorgeous cheese pull that it creates!
Other Great Slider Recipes
- EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SLIDERS RECIPE: These get everyone’s blood boiling about the name, but I have a little trick to them that adds SO MUCH flavor!
- TURKEY BACON RANCH SLIDERS: You just don’t get an easier slider recipe than this. And so delicious too.
- ITALIAN PESTO SLIDERS: These have so many great reviews. They are full of flavor, but still so easy.
Breakfast Sliders Recipe
- 12 slider rolls
- cooking spray
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 6 slices thick cut bacon diced
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt divided
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard divided
- 8 ounces colby jack cheese slices
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon and the sausage together, breaking up the sausage. Stir frequently until both the bacon and the sausage are completely cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the skillet and drain on a towel.
- While the sausage and bacon are cooking, preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together your eggs, milk, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Spray your skillet with cooking spray and add the egg mixture. Allow to set for a moment, about 30 seconds, and then using a spatula, start pulling the edge of the mixture toward the center of the pan. Continue to do this as the eggs begin to solidify. Once the eggs are light and fluffy (about 7 to 10 minutes), remove them from the heat.
- Slice your slider rolls in half so that you have a bottom layer and a top layer. Place the bottom layer in the prepared casserole dish. (The tops might not all stay together, and that is okay. You will be able to arrange them at the end.)
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Whisk in 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard. Brush the bottom half of the rolls with the mixture.
- Add the egg layer. Then add the bacon and sausage layer. Finally, add the cheese.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Whisk in 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard.
- Add the tops of the rolls on top of the cheese. Brush with the remaining butter mixture. Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 5 more minutes.