This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dole® Packaged Foods. All opinions are 100% mine.
Hawaiian Chicken is such an easy chicken stir fry. It comes together in 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight!
I’m so happy to be teaming up with Dole Packaged Foods to bring you their new Dole© Fridge Pack! They are so perfect for busy families.
I’ve never been shy about the fact that I try to squeeze as many fruits and vegetables into my kids as possible. From an early age the snacks we were offering our kids were almost always fruits or veggies.
When I was pregnant with Gavin, I was obsessed with pineapples. I ate a whole one every week. And now, Gavin at age 12, is obsessed. Whenever we have pizza night, we break out some Dole Pineapple for him to put on his pizza.
I couldn’t be more excited that Dole has come out with a line of Fridge Packs. Now we can have our favorite fruits always ready, and if we don’t work our way through a whole container, we can put it in the refrigerator for the next moment one of our kids needs a snack.
These Fridge Packs are so perfect for adding a little extra sunshine to our morning oatmeal, a lunch time salad, or on a little yogurt after school! And their pineapple is just as perfect in this Hawaiian Chicken as it is on Gavin’s pizza.
MAKING HAWAIIAN CHICKEN
This Hawaiian Chicken tastes a little like Sweet and Sour Chicken but with a little bit of a spicy zing to it. I love that we are cutting out the breading on the chicken. It makes it a lighter dinner, and easier to make too.
- Start by sautéing chicken in the pan. I like to cut my chicken pretty thin for this dish because it cooks faster, and you get a better sauce to chicken ratio in each bite.
- Add in the peppers and cook until they are tender.
- While everything is cooking whisk together the Hawaiian Chicken sauce.
- Pour in the sauce and the pineapple and cook until the sauce thickens.
Serve this over rice, and you have a great nutritious dinner in a hurry the whole family will love!
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN SAUCE
The sauce for this recipe is so simple. I love that Dole packs their fruit in fruit juice. With one Dole Fridge Pack we get the pineapple that we need for this dish, as well as the pineapple juice for the sauce.
For the sauce you will need:
- Soy Sauce (Use low sodium if you like your dishes less salty)
- Pineapple Juice (Use the juice that the pineapple was packed in)
- Brown Sugar
- Chili Paste (optional, see below)
- Corn Starch
This recipe gets its little kick from the chili paste. You’ll note that it is optional, but I really think that the little bit of spice works perfectly with the sweetness of the pineapple.
My kids don’t like overly spicy dishes, and they loved this!
OTHER GREAT FAST DINNERS
If your life is as busy as ours, you will need other fast dinner options. Here are more we love:
If you make this Hawaiian Chicken Recipe or any of my other recipes, please leave a comment and let me your thoughts. And be sure to check out @DoleSunshine on Instagram!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup Dole Fridge Pack Pineapple Chunks (juice reserved for sauce)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (optional)
- 2 green onions chopped for garnish
- 2 cups cooked rice for serving
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, and then add the chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink on the outside, about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the chopped bell peppers. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the peppers are cooking, whisk together the soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and chili paste. Then whisk in the corn starch.
- Stir in the pineapple and the sauce. Bring to a simmer, and cook for about 3 minutes until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve over rice.