This No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake is easy to make and makes the perfect holiday dessert. If cheesecakes stress you out, this is the recipe for you!
If you aren’t really feeling pumpkin pie this year, this No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake is the perfect alternative. It is easy to make, and absolutely fool proof. We start with a simple graham cracker crust and then use a mixture of heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and pumpkin to make the glorious filling. Finally, we top it off with some stabilized whipped cream so that those beautiful peaks hold and last for your guests. You can’t beat this amazing dessert.
I am very suspect of anything ‘no bake’…even cookies. I didn’t anticipate this having much of a cheesecake flavor. I was wrong. Probably the best pumpkin cheesecake filling I’ve ever tasted. We ate a gf family so I cut the recipe in half and used a premade 9” gf crust and popped the stabilizer whipped cream on top. Perfection. Thank you!!!
How to Make No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
This easy pumpkin cheesecake recipe combines the Best Pumpkin Pie with silky creamy cheesecake, requires no time in the oven, and comes together with simple ingredients! Here is a brief overview of how it comes together. For the full recipe including all measurements, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Make the crust. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Stir together until it has the consistency of wet sand.
- Press the crust into your pan. I share my favorite springform pan below. It doesn’t need to bake, just some time to set up. Put the pan and crust in the refrigerator while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Make the filling. Beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, spices, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Whip the heavy cream. The key to getting the best texture! In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until it has a thick consistency, similar to shaving cream. Fold it into the cream cheese mixture, being mindful not to overmix.
- Add the filling to the crust. Pour the filling over the crust, cover, and place in the refrigerator for eight hours or overnight.
The Best Pan For Cheesecake
For this recipe for pumpkin cheesecake, we are using a nine-inch springform pan. The wonderful thing about this pan is that once your cheesecake has chilled, you can pull the sides off of the pan which makes cutting and serving easy!
This no bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe uses pumpkin puree combined with pumpkin pie spice to create the perfectly flavored cheesecake filling. Pumpkin puree is made with real cooked pumpkin that has been mashed. Do not use pumpkin pie filling for this recipe; it is not the same as canned pumpkin. Pumpkin pie filling has extra sweeteners and seasoning that we don’t need in this recipe. You can buy canned pumpkin or make your own pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin Pie Spice
This pumpkin cheesecake recipe uses a blend of spices that adds the perfect flavor. Cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg are used in this recipe, which also makes up a spice blend known as pumpkin pie spice. You can use the measurements in the recipe card for the individual spices, or you can use 1 1/2 teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
Tips and Tricks
- Make this recipe the day before. Since this no bake pumpkin cheesecake pie needs to be refrigerated for at least eight hours to set, be sure to make it the day before you plan to serve it so it has plenty of time to chill.
- Use room-temperature cream cheese. This will allow it to blend with the other ingredients and make the smoothest filling.
- Use name-brand cream cheese. Since it is a star ingredient in any cheesecake recipe, I recommend buying a name-brand cream cheese like Philidelphia. Generic store brand names just don’t work as well.
- Get your graham crackers into fine crumbs by putting them in a blender or food processor.
Make pumpkin cheesecake bars!
If you prefer to make this easy cheesecake recipe in bar form, you totally can! Keep all measurements the same and just making it in a 9×13 baking dish rather than a spring form pan.
Serving No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
This cheesecake can be served as is or topped with whipped cream. Each person can add their own whipped cream, or you can pipe it on the cheesecake before serving like in the photos in this post. When I pipe my whipped cream, as seen here, I like to use my Stabilized Whipped Cream recipe. It pipes better and will hold its shape for hours.
Storing and Freezing
Store this cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to three days. I often store the cheesecake in the springform pan that I made it in. Then I cover it with aluminum foil and it works really well.
You can also freeze this no bake cheesecake. I like to freeze it in individual slices. That way you can take out just what you want to eat. Freeze for a few hours on a wax paper, then transfer the frozen pieces to an airtight container. Store for up to three months in the freezer.
Yes, the cheesecake needs to chill in the refrigerator for at least eight hours so making it the day before is best. You can make it up to two days in advance and keep it covered in the refrigerator.
Yes! Read my instructions above for freezing.
No, pumpkin pie filling has added ingredients that aren’t needed for this recipe. Use 100% pumpkin puree.
Yes, however, the filling will be too much for just one. Buy two pre-made graham cracker crusts for this recipe.
If you make this pumpkin pie cheesecake recipe or any of my other recipes, please let me know what you think by leaving a comment. Especially if you make this for your holiday table, I love hearing how you use my recipes for your celebrations!
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 11 sheets of crackers)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
To Make Crust
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Stir together until it has the consistency of wet sand.1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 3 tablespoons sugar
- Pour into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan, pressing it down firmly. Place in the refrigerator while preparing the filing.
To Make the Filling
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, spices, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.16 ounces cream cheese, 15 ounces pumpkin puree, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until it has a thick consistency, similar to shaving cream. Fold it into the cream cheese mixture.1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Pour the filling over the crust, cover, and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.