Orange Dreamsicle Floatini

5 from 1 vote

posted: 08/15/14

Orange Dreamsicle Floatini | A delicious mix of adult cocktail and fun kid drink!

So, this isn’t so much a recipe as it is instructions for a really fun time. I mean, three ingredients, does it even count?

Okay, but it really does count, because these are insanely delicious.

Around the time that Quinn was three months old . . . actually right around the time I was starting this very blog, I started drinking diet orange soda and UV Cake Vodka. Like by the bucket.

Okay, maybe not by the bucket, but I reeeeeeeaally liked it. It became my favorite drink. So much so that I pretty much made anyone who came to my house taste it. Some people were immediately hooked, and others liked it, but I’m pretty sure they just wanted their cocktail to taste like an adult beverage.

Today I scoff at those people and give you the Orange Dreamsicle Floatini!

Can you believe that we are almost done with summer? It seems crazy to me. And kind of a bummer too, because just when I am pulling away from the zombieness that is having a newborn and headed into full nights of sleep, the best season of the year is drawing to a close. So in rebellion against the end of summer, I am going to be giving you a couple more very much summery posts. I know . . . the pumpkin will be here soon, but until then, have an Orange Dreamsicle Floatini with me, will you?

5 from 1 vote

Orange Dreamsicle Floatini

(tap # to scale)

Ingredients

• vanilla ice cream
  • UV Cake Vodka
  • orange soda

Instructions

• Mix about a can of orange soda with about an ounce of UV Cake Vodka (or more if you like a stronger drink). Then top it with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!

Notes

Though this post isn't sponsored by UV, the UV Cake Vodka is my absolute favorite, and I think it really makes this drink what it is . . . delicious!
Author: Lisa Longley

did you make this

Orange Dreamsicle Floatini

I'd love to see what you made! Tag me @lisasimplejoy and hashtag it #simplejoyrecipes!

Rate This Recipe:

1. holly waterfall says

Cake Vodka seriously is the best ever! I could definitely go for a bucket of this right about now! :)

2. Lisa | Sweet 2 Eat Baking says

It’s national orange creamiscle day today isn’t it? Yay. And pffft to those people liking the adult tasting beverage. I’m one of them that prefers them to taste like a kiddo drink.

And cake vodka? Whhhaaaaat? I’m in the UK so wondering if that’s just a brand name or whether it’s actually flavoured to taste like cake. And if so, OMGosh I want.

3. Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later! says

Wow Lisa! That looks dreamy indeed!

4. Cindy Eikenberg says

Lisa, this is MY kind of drink! This looks so delicious, I can’t wait to try it and maybe tonight! :) Thanks for sharing and pinning – have a happy Saturday and weekend!

5. Katherines Corner says

yum, this looks delicious and refreshing! I invite you to share at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop ( every Thursday or you can link up today until midnight) Hugs!

6. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says

LOVE this. Screw adult tasting. Dessert tasting is always better. :)

7. Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says

The only reason I am eager for September is a 3-day weekend LOL. This drink sounds like a great addition to my weekend!

8. Renea (cupcake-n-bake) says

Your food/desserts always look so good. I get fat just looking at them. I’m totally drooling over these. Yeah, I need to go run now. But seriously, you are a foodie genius!

Renea

Renea, this comment made my day! Thank you!

9. Katie Goldsworthy says

This looks soooo goood! Thanks for linking it up at Monday Funday!

10. Limeade Gal says

This looks absolutely wonderful! Just love the taste of Orange creamsicles so I can’t wait to try! Honestly I pinned it as soon as I saw the photo :). Thanks for sharing :)

Congratulations on your new addition! & yes I’m holding onto Summer too, so look forward to your posts.

Have a beautiful day!