This Orange Creamsicle cocktail is your favorite childhood treat as a grown-up drink! You will love this easy and delicious treat.
Cocktails that double as dessert are my favorite! This great orange creamsicle cocktail has been super popular on Simple Joy for almost 10 years!
I decided recently that it needed a photo update. You won’t be disappointed by how delicious and easy this great cocktail is.
How to Make Orange Creamsicle
This is a brief overview of how to make this delicious cocktail. For the full recipe with all of the ingredients see the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Fill a tall glass with orange soda. Since we aren’t using ice in this recipe, I like to start with a chilled soda.
- Add in the vodka. See my recommendations below. Stir the vodka into the drink.
- Add in the ice cream. Enjoy!
Vodka for Orange Creamsicle
I always like to give recommendations for vodka. There is a great choice no matter what your price point is. Keep in mind that with the sweetness of this drink, the quality of vodka is a lot less important.
When budget is no option, I like to go with Grey Goose and Belvedere. As mentioned above, there is no need to break the bank on this and for that I love Titos.
When I first posted this recipe, I recommended using cake vodka. It goes so well with the orange soda and the vanilla ice cream. A few different brands make it. I tend to enjoy UV Cake Vodka the most. But of course, if you can’t find it, you will love this with regular vodka.
I love serving these orange creamsicles in mason jars with handles. The ones linked below aren’t the exact mugs pictured here (I got those at Dollar Tree years ago!), but I love that these are affordable and come with lids and straws.
Orange Dreamsicle Floatini
- 8 ounces orange soda (cold)
- 2 ounces vodka (or cake vodka)
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- Fill a tall glass with chilled orange soda.8 ounces orange soda
- Add the vodka and stir to combine.2 ounces vodka
- Add in the ice cream and enjoy!1/2 cup vanilla ice cream