This Roasted Baby Potatoes Recipe makes such an easy and delicious side dish. With only five ingredients and five minutes of prep time it is the perfect accompaniment to so many dishes.
These baked baby potatoes are easy enough to make on a weeknight, but delicious enough to serve on a holiday table.
Our family loves this baby potato recipe so much. In fact, I have one kiddo who does fist pumps every time they see it land on the table. It is the perfect las minute side dish recipe.
One of my favorite parts about this recipe is that it is simple enough to make for a weeknight meal, but delicious enough to put on your holiday table. These roasted baby potatoes are melt in your mouth delicious.
“This recipe is to die for . The first batch I made was gone in minutes. I’m making it again but doubled the recipe. My family is patiently waiting.”
How to Make Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
Learning how to roast baby potatoes is simple, and it is a recipe you will come back to over and over.
- Cut the baby potatoes in half.
- Melt your butter and whisk in your garlic.
- Toss the butter mixture and potatoes. This can be done right in the baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and throw it in the oven!
Ingredients for Baked Baby Potatoes
- boomer gold baby creamer potatoes (see note below)
- minced garlic
- salt and pepper
What are Creamer Potatoes
Creamer Potatoes have been bread to be small. But they also have a distinctly different taste than full grown potatoes. They are small and buttery, which is what makes them perfect for this recipe.
What to Serve Roasted Baby Potatoes With
This is the perfect recipe to serve so many different recipes. The simplicity of this recipe makes it a great accompaniment to a nicer main dish. We often have these with:
Can I use another type of potato?
Any small type of potato will work for this recipe. Make sure that they are smaller than two inches and cut in half. For best results though stick with creamer potatoes.
Do baby potatoes need to be peeled?
One of the beauties of this recipe is that they don’t need to be peeled, just cut in half.
Can the potatoes be kept whole?
Yes! You will just need to add 10 to 15 minutes of roasting time.
How long to roast baby potatoes?
It takes 20 to 25 minutes to roast baby potatoes at 425 degrees.
If you make my roasted baby potatoes or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Roasted Baby Potatoes Recipe
- 1.5 pounds boomer gold creamer potatoes cut in half
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the melted butter and then minced garlic.
- Add the potatoes to the baking dish, then pour the butter garlic mixture over it. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and then toss to combine.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.