This Roasted Baby Potatoes Recipe makes such an easy and delicious side dish. It is five ingredients, takes about five minutes to make, and is so delicious. These baked baby potatoes are easy enough to make on a weeknight, but delicious enough to serve on a holiday table.
I have a very important question for you this Monday morning: What does your family do around the holiday season to give back? Heavy right? Grab a cup of coffee so we can talk about it and I will wait.
I said to my husband last night, “Our kids are basically having life handed to them on a silver platter.” I am not upset that they have a great life. I am so incredibly grateful for all the amazing opportunities that they have handed to them. However, I want them to understand that not everyone has that, and also I want to instill in them a sense of wanting to give back.
I think that these lessons need to happen all year round, but it feels especially apparent right now as I watch the news and see families in California who have lost everything and as we head into the holiday season, which always feels like a time of reflection.
Our family does a few little things, but I definitely think we could do more. And I also want to be creative in how we give back and spread love. So, I legitimately would LOVE to hear what you do. Or just your thoughts on this in general.
And if you just want a recipe for garlic roasted baby potatoes, I mean that’s cool too.
This roasted baby potatoes recipe was a happy little accident! I was making a main dish (coming soon!) and I needed something to photograph with it as a side dish, so I grabbed a bag of baby potatoes at the store. When it came time to shoot, I tossed together a few ingredients and threw them in the oven. Ummm, YUMMY! Those are really the best kinds of recipes and the ones I love sharing with you the most.
HOW TO ROAST BABY POTATOES
Ingredients for Baked Baby Potatoes
- boomer gold baby creamer potatoes (if you can’t find this exactly, really just look for baby potatoes, size matters)
- minced garlic
- salt and pepper
How to Make Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Cut the baby potatoes in half.
- Melt your butter and whisk in your garlic.
- Toss the butter mixture and potatoes. This can be done right in the baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and throw it in the oven!
Do you remember last week when I made you Baked Potato Wedges? You guys. I actually have several more potato recipes coming your way . . . . I don’t know what my deal is. But I feel like those potato wedges are great for a casual weeknight meal and these are good for that but could also be used for holiday entertaining. So I wanted to make sure you had them before Thanksgiving and Christmas. I will try and space out the rest of my potato madness. Try.
I hope you love these as much as I did!
OTHER EASY SIDE DISHES
- Bacon Jalapeño Cream Corn
- Broccoli Cheddar Cauliflower Tator Tots Recipe
- Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots
- Fast Easy Biscuits
If you make these amazing potatoes, leave me a comment and let me know! I love hearing form you.
Roasted Baby Potatoes Recipe
- 1.5 pounds boomer gold creamer potatoes cut in half
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the melted butter and then minced garlic.
- Add the potatoes to the baking dish, then pour the butter garlic mixture over it. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and then toss to combine.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.