This Sheet Pan Vegetables and Lemon Pepper Baked Cod Recipe is such an easy delicious meal that is done in under 30 minutes! This lemon baked cod with butter is such a simple recipe that still is full of flavor!
Whether you are observing Lent and need more fish recipes in your life, or you are just trying to eat healthier, this easy baked cod recipe is a winner. You will love how easily it comes together on one sheet pan, and your family will love how great it tastes.
The simple sauce that is poured over this fish recipe comes together so quickly but adds so much flavor to this great recipe.
How to Bake Cod
You will come back to this recipe over and over for how simple and delicious it is.
- Make the sauce: The sauce for this recipe is made with melted butter, lemon juice, salt, paprika, and lemon pepper.
- Combine the ingredients: The sauce is poured over the fish and the vegetables on a sheet pan.
- Bake: We bake this cod recipe at 400 degrees for a quick 15 minutes.
How to Know When Cod is Done
The key to cooking fish and enjoy it is is not over cooking it. Over cooked fish is probably the reason some people don’t like fish in general – it’s an easy mistake to make.
If you have an instant read thermometer, you want to cook cod until it reaches 145 degrees.
If you don’t have a thermometer, you can check the cod by using a pairing knife. Gently push into the cod, the fish should be no longer translucent but still moist.
Thawing Frozen Cod
We often buy frozen cod because it is so cost effective. To thaw your cod, refrigerate it overnight. Another method for thawing more quickly is to place the whole bag in cold water and change the water every 30 minutes.
Substitutions and Variations
If your family doesn’t like either broccoli or asparagus you can double the other. Green beans are a great substitute for one or the other also.
Other Healthy Dinners
If you are looking for more healthy recipes, these are winners in our house.
Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Baked Cod and Vegetables
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 12 ounce chopped broccoli about 3 cups
- 8 ounce chopped asparagus about 1 bunch
- 1 pound cod filets not frozen, see note
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the lemon juice, butter, salt, paprika, and lemon pepper.
- Place cod in the middle of the parchment paper. Surround with the chopped asparagus and broccoli. Pour the butter and lemon juice mixture over the top. Top with chopped parsley.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until the cod is no longer translucent, be cautious not to bake too long as the fish will dry out.