These S’mores Muddy Buddies are so easy to throw together but are such a fun treat!
One of my number one guilty pleasures is Puppy Chow. I try not to make it because when I do, I eat just so very much of it. Right behind that on the guilty pleasure list is S’mores. So, obviously those two things need to be combined.
How to Make S’mores Muddy Buddies
This is a brief overview of how to make this delicious recipe. For the full recipe with all of the measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Measure out the cereal.
- Create the coating. Melt together the chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff, and butter. This can be done on the stovetop or int he microwave.
- Coat the cereal and add powdered sugar. Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal. Then toss it with powdered sugar.
- Finish it off. Add in graham cracker pieces, marshmallow bits, and mini chocolate chips.
Muddy Buddies Recipe
Getting Marshmallows in Puppy Chow
Marshmallows and puppy chow don’t exactly go together like peanut butter and jelly. To get that great marshmallow taste in this recipe, we are doing two things. The first thing we are doing is adding marshmallow fluff into the chocolate mixture. (Please note this recipe has only been tested with marshmallow fluff and not with marshmallows that we’ve melted down.) We are also adding marshmallow bits. I love the look they give at the end of the recipe. Plus they make a great topping to my S’mores Dip.
S’mores Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup graham cracker pieces about one sheet
- 1/4 cup marshmallow bits
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Measure out the cereal and put it into a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat melt together the chocolate, marshmallow fluff, and butter. Stir consistently until well combined. If it is not smooth, remove from the heat and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the cereal and stir until the cereal is well coated.
- Pour into a large container and top with the powdered sugar. Cover the container and toss until the pieces are well coated with powdered sugar. Pour out the mixture onto a baking sheet in a single layer and allow to cool completely.
- Return the mixture to the container and add the graham cracker pieces, marshmallow, bits, and mini chocolate chips. Toss to combine. Store in an airtight container for up to two days. Best when served immediately.