Stuffed Mushrooms are a great appetizer for parties. Follow my easy recipe for quick stuffed mushroom recipe everyone will love.
I have a good friend who I think about a lot when I’m developing recipes. She is a teacher, a fantastic mom, and a great friend. And because of her and her husband’s work schedule she’s often a single mom. She’s my hero.
So I want to come up with dinner recipes that work well for her. Amazing busy moms deserve the best easiest dinners.
I definitely had her in mind when developing the recipe for these stuffed mushrooms. She and her little family make TONS of appetizers on New Years Eve, and I think they will love these.
These Stuffed Mushroom Caps trade the traditional sausage in for bacon, and have a great short cut that speeds them up.
FAST STUFFED MUSHROOMS
The key to speeding up this recipe is to cook the mushrooms in the microwave while preparing all the other ingredients.
This is a tip I got from America’s Test Kitchen and it worked magically.
Tossing the mushroom caps with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and then placing them on a paper towel lined plate made them really tender when they went in the oven. This means less time in the oven, and means they will be in your belly sooner.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- Remove the mushroom stems, and wipe the mushroom caps clean with a wet paper towel.
- Toss the mushrooms with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place them gill side down on a paper towel lined plate.
- Microwave for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Dice the bacon, and cook until crisp. Drain of fat and put on a paper towel lined plate.
- Beat together the cream cheese, cheese, garlic, bacon, and paprika.
- Place mushrooms on a foil lined baking sheet. Add a little of the cream cheese mixture to each mushroom.
- Bake and enjoy.
TIPS TO MAKING THE BEST STUFFED MUSHROOMS
You want to look for mushrooms that are relatively the same size. This can be hard to do when buying packaged mushrooms, rather than mushrooms in bulk. Do your best. They will still be delicious.
Use freshly shredded cheese. This makes for the best recipes. Pretty much always. It is worth the extra few minutes it will take.
Use full fat cream cheese. It melts better and will work better in this recipe.
Top with more Parmesan and fresh parsley. When these are done baking, they are prettiest when topped with more freshly grated parmesan and a little fresh parsley.
MAKE AHEAD STUFFED MUSHROOMS
This is a great recipe to bring to a party!
You can make these right up until you put them in the oven, and then they can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Put them in the oven right before you are ready to serve them.
LOW CARB FRIENDLY APPETIZER
This recipe is great because it will work for your guests who are on a low carb diet.
Most stuffed mushroom recipes have bread crumbs in them. We skipped those, so this is a perfect recipe for those doing low carb or Keto diets.
MORE GREAT APPETIZERS
If you are making lots of appetizers for your cute little family, here are some great ideas:
This BLT Dip will win over everyone.
Cajun Shrimp Skewers are perfect, especially when you are making a meal out of your appetizers.
My Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels are easy to make and addictive!
If you make these Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms or any of my other recipes, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
- 24 white mushrooms about 1 pound (see note about what to buy and how to prepare)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces bacon diced and cooked until crisp
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the mushrooms (see note about preparing them) with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Line a large plate with a paper towel and put the mushroom tops gill side down on it. Microwave for 8 to 10 minuts or until the mushrooms are soft and tender.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, monterey jack cheese, and parmesan. Beat in the garlic, paprika, and bacon.
- Place the prepared mushrooms on the lined baking sheet, gill side up. Spoon a little bit of the mixture into each mushroom. Bake 10 minutes.
- Top the mushrooms with more fresh parmesan and fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!