Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are a great appetizer for parties. You will love how quick this recipe comes together – a winner for sure!
If your family and friends love appetizers around the holidays and on New Year’s Eve, you are going to adore these Stuffed Mushrooms. Made with simple ingredients and a special trick to make them faster, this is a must make appetizer.
How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms
- Prepare the mushrooms. Remove the mushroom stems and clean them. Toss the mushrooms with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Microwave the mushrooms. Place them gill side down on a paper towel lined plate. Microwave for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Prepare the filling. While the mushrooms are in the microwave, dice the bacon, and cook until crisp. Drain the fat and put on a paper towel lined plate. Beat together the cream cheese, cheese, garlic, bacon, and paprika.
- Bake the mushrooms. Place mushrooms on a foil lined baking sheet. Add a little of the cream cheese mixture to each mushroom. Bake and enjoy.
The Trick to Fast Stuffed Mushrooms
The key to speeding up this recipe is to cook the mushrooms in the microwave while preparing all the other ingredients. This is a tip I got from America’s Test Kitchen and it worked magically.
Tossing the mushroom caps with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and then placing them on a paper towel lined plate makes them tender when before going in the oven. This means less time in the oven, and means they will be in your belly sooner.
Tips for Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- You want to look for mushrooms that are relatively the same size. This can be hard to do when buying packaged mushrooms. Do your best. They will still be delicious.
- Use freshly shredded cheese. This makes for the best recipes. Pretty much always. It is worth the extra few minutes it will take.
- Use full fat cream cheese. It melts better and will work better in this recipe.
- Top with more Parmesan and fresh parsley. When these are done baking, they are prettiest when topped with more freshly grated parmesan and a little fresh parsley.
These cream cheese stuffed mushrooms are perfect for bringing to a party! And the great news is that they can be made ahead of time and then baked right before serving.
- Make these up to the point of putting them in the oven.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- Bake and serve.
Keto Stuffed Mushrooms
These stuffed mushroom caps are great because it will work for your guests who are on a low carb diet.
Most stuffed mushroom recipes have bread crumbs in them. We skipped those, so this is a perfect recipe for those doing low carb or Keto diets. You don’t even have to change a thing in these baked stuffed mushrooms.
Because these are cream cheese stuffed mushrooms, I would not recommend freezing them. Freezing cream cheese changes its consistency. These are so easy to make, I recommend only making them fresh.
Yes! These are completely gluten free, there are no swaps that you need to make.
While these are best when they are warm out of the oven, they are still delicious once they have cooled to room temperature. Though you could bake these ahead of time and then serve them from the refrigerator, they won’t be quite as good as warm from the oven.
This recipe calls for white mushrooms. But we have made these with mini portabellas, and they were also delicious. The more important thing than the type of mushroom is the size. Look for mushrooms that are 2 to 3 inches wide so that they will hold the stuffing.
What Goes with Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
If you are making a spread of appetizers, here are some other great ideas that would go with these perfectly.
- My Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Recipe is perfect finger food just like these.
- These Air Fryer Chicken Wings are easy to make and perfect for a spread like this.
- My Ham and Cheese Sliders are easy to make and perfect for a crowd.
If you make these Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms or any of my other recipes, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
- 24 white mushrooms about 1 pound (see note about what to buy and how to prepare)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces bacon diced and cooked until crisp
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the mushrooms (see note about preparing them) with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Line a large plate with a paper towel and put the mushroom tops gill side down on it. Microwave for 8 to 10 minuts or until the mushrooms are soft and tender.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, monterey jack cheese, and parmesan. Beat in the garlic, paprika, and bacon.
- Place the prepared mushrooms on the lined baking sheet, gill side up. Spoon a little bit of the mixture into each mushroom. Bake 10 minutes.
- Top the mushrooms with more fresh parmesan and fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!