These Sugar Cookie Fudge Bars are only about 10 minutes of hands on time, but THREE awesome layers of deliciousness! So rich and good!
This recipe is easy to make and even easier to eat. These come together with simple ingredients and store bought hacks. It makes these a fast dessert that is decadent and perfect.
How to Make these Sugar Cookie Bars
This is a brief overview of how to make this delicious recipe. For the full recipe with all of the instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Make the sugar cookie layer. I used a mix, but you could make my homemade sugar cookie bars.
- Make the fudge layer. Combine chocolate and sweetened condensed milk to make the fudge layer. Spread it onto the cooled cookie layer.
- Make the chocolate layer. Combine chocolate and butter until it is smooth. Pour it over the set fudge layer.
Sugar Cookie Layer
In this recipe, we are taking the help of a store bought mix to make a super fast dessert. But if you prefer to bake from scratch, you are not alone and I have you covered. You can make my Sugar Cookie Bars and then just forgo the frosting layer to make the fudge and chocolate layers here.
For the second layer of these bars, we are using the tried and true method of three ingredient fudge. It’s fail proof and works so well as a second layer on these bars. Once you have it melted you want to work quickly so that you can spread it on the bars before it sets. It will be really thick.
For the final layer, we are combining chocolate and butter to make a chocolate like frosting to go on the top. It is creamy, delicious, and perfect. We use the same method in my Mint Chocolate Brownies. It’s fantastic.
I sliced mine kind of thin like Twix bar size, because they are so rich, and then drizzled a little melted white chocolate on top for some prettiness, but you can go ahead and just eat it right from the pan if you want. No judgement.
Storing and Freezing
These can be stored at room temperature in an air tight container. Keep them for up to one week. As with all recipes, use your best discretion when it comes to leftovers.
This freeze well. They should be frozen in a single layer for two hours before being layered in an air tight container and put back in the freezer. Freeze for up to three months.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
You can find all of my dessert bar recipes here: Bar Recipes.
If you make these amazing sugar cookie bars or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment, I love hearing from you.
Sugar Cookie Fudge Bars
- Sugar Cookie Layer
- 17.5 oz Sugar Cookie Cookie Mix I used Betty Crocker
- 8 TBSPs unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 egg
- Fudge Layer
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips see note
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk make sure you don’t buy evaporated milk
- Ganache Layer
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 8 TBSPs unsalted butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar cookie mix, butter, and egg until fully combined. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or just until the edges of the cookie begin to turn golden brown.
- Allow the sugar cookie layer to cool, be sure to wait until it is no longer hot to the touch.
- In a medium saucepan heat the sweetened condensed milk and 3 cups of the milk chocolate chips over medium heat, stirring until completely combined. Spread over the cooled sugar cookie layer, making it as even as possible.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and the remaining one cup chocolate chips over low heat, stirring continuously until fully combined. Pour over the fudge layer and allow to set.
- Finally, after the finally layer has set, if you like, melt the white chocolate chips and drizzle over the bars. In the pictures you see above, I have put the white chocolate into a small plastic bag and used it to pipe it over the already cut bars.
- Store bars in an airtight container and eat within four days.