This three ingredient green smoothie recipe is made with simple ingredients: yogurt, banana, and spinach. A perfect, nutritious meal or snack and so delicious!
This simple, healthy green smoothie recipe is one of my favorite go to snacks! Packed with vitamins, protein and lots of flavor, it blends smoothly and tastes absolutely scrumptious. I can’t get enough three ingredient smoothies. They’re quick, flavorful and even kid approved! Honestly, smoothies are the best way I’ve discovered to get my kids to ingest any nutrition that isn’t found in mac & cheese. They love the pretty green color and they’ll never taste the spinach.
How do you get your kids to eat healthy foods? I would love to hear your suggestions in the comment section below!
TIPS FOR A PERFECT GREEN SMOOTHIE
This smoothie is made with three simple ingredients:
- Vanilla Yogurt: For a thicker, creamier smoothie, add more yogurt or Greek yogurt. If you want to make this a vegan spinach smoothie, use some soy yogurt. There are great brands on the market right now, and it is equally delicious with non-dairy yogurt.
- Bananas: You can use a ripe banana and ice, or you can make it thicker by using frozen bananas. Keeping frozen bananas in your freezer is a great idea if you are making smoothies regularly. TIP: Peel and slice your bananas in half and freeze on a cookie sheet until they’re solid. Then transfer to a freezer safe bag for storage. Then you can just grab the amount you want for your smoothie.
- Spinach: This recipe calls for two cups of spinach. Spinach is so good for you, and if you are afraid of it, this is the perfect way to have it. You can also freeze spinach! It stays frozen for a couple of months and it’s easy to toss in to a smoothie.
MORE FRUIT TO TRY IN A GREEN SMOOTHIE
The beauty of this spinach smoothie recipe is that it only has three ingredients. But you can add all kinds of yummy ingredients to a green smoothie for different flavors. If you add darker fruits like blueberries, cherries or blackberries, the green smoothie will taste delicious but will result in a brownish color. But these fruits listed below won’t affect the bright green color of the smoothie:
MIX OTHER GREENS INTO YOUR SMOOTHIE
Spinach is perfect for green smoothies because it’s basically flavorless and yet packs in tons of vitamins. But you could try some of these green foods, which really don’t change the flavor of the smoothie but can add even more nutrients:
- collard greens
- romaine lettuce
SCRUMPTIOUS SMOOTHIE RECIPES
If you are looking for more great smoothie recipes, make sure you check out this Rise and Shine Smoothie. Definitely make this Almond Butter Banana Smoothie. And if you love the idea of making smoothies in the morning but the prep seems like too much, check out How to Make Freezer Smoothie Bags!
I always love trying new smoothie recipes, and I would love to hear from you! If you have a favorite smoothie, please drop me a comment below. And enjoy this refreshing, simple green drink today!
Three Ingredient Green Smoothie
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt see note
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups of baby spinach lightly packed
- Blend all ingredients together and enjoy!