Air Fryer Green Beans are going to become your new favorite side dish. They come together in about 15 minutes, and are so delicious. They are such a great way to get a vegetable in that everyone will love.
This recipe wasn’t even really a recipe in the beginning. I just kept popping green beans in the air fryer to serve as a side dish for photos of mains that I was photographing. Then after the photo session they would be part of my lunch. I probably made these a dozen times before it even occurred to me to pop them on the website.
This Green Bean recipe is so incredibly simple, as mentioned, it barely counts as a recipe. But, they are easy and delicious. I absolutely love that unlike my Roasted Green Beans or my Italian Green Beans, they keep my oven free when I’m making things like my Easy Top Round Roast.
How to Cook Green Beans in Air Fryer
Below is a brief overview of how to make green beans in air fryer. For the full recipe and measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Preheat the air fryer. Let your air fryer warm up while you wash and prep the green beans.
- Add the green beans. Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Then spray the beans with cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic salt. Repeat with the rest of the beans.
- Cook the green beans. Cook for about six minutes, open the air fryer and toss the beans, and cook for another six minutes. Enjoy!
Buying Green Beans
When buying fresh green beans at the store, you will want to look for beans that are fresh. Here are some things to look for:
- Firm to the touch
- Bright green in color
- Don’t bend when you hold them straight out
- Blemish free
Storing Green Beans
If you follow the above instructions for picking out green beans, they can be stored in your refrigerator for up to one week. Leave the beans unwashed until you are ready to cook them. Be sure to store them in the vegetable drawer of your refrigerator in a plastic bag they came in or a ziplock bag.
Using Frozen Green Beans
Air fryer frozen green beans are a great option when fresh green beans aren’t in season or available. When using frozen beans, you may need to adjust your cooking time. To prepare the beans, remove any pieces of ice and lightly pat the beans dry with a paper towel. Then proceed with the recipe as written.
What Air Fryer to Buy
If you don’t already own an air fryer, I would suggest that you buy the Cosori. It is what you see pictured here. It is my second air fryer, and I just love it. I can typically make everything I want in one go because the basket is big enough. Additionally, it cooks really evenly. Finally, the different settings that it has makes cooking just about anything a snap.
You can find all of my air fryer recipes here: Air Fryer Recipes.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Green Beans
This is such a universal side that can go with so many dishes. Some of my favorites are:
If you make these Air Fryer Green Beans or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans rinsed with hard stems removed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Spray the air fryer with cooking spray.
- Add half the green beans. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt.
- Add the second half of the green beans. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt.
- Cook for 6 minutes. Toss and cook for 6 more minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!