These Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes are the easiest way to make baked sweet potatoes in the crock pot. Grab your slow cooker and make this sweet potato recipe immediately. You’ll never make them another way again! Looking for another great go to sweet potato recipe? Make sure to try my Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes. It’s a fan favorite for sure.
We are in the thick of resolution season, my friends and oh my goodness, based on some of the comments I’m getting on Facebook and here on the blog . . . ya’ll are HANGRY. Thank goodness I’ve been doing this long enough that most of it just rolls off my back as I click the delete button. Double thank goodness that so many of you are just the sweetest humans ever and leave me glowing comments about recipes that you have already made four times because you love it so much.
If you are feeling hangry and cranky because the new year has you dieting, let me introduce you to your new best friend: Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes. This sweet potato crock pot recipe is an extraordinarily simple side dish. You will be so happy by how easy it is, how perfectly it turns out, and sweet potatoes are so good for you! So let’s do it!
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATOES IN THE CROCK POT
- Start with four medium sweet potatoes. Make sure that you don’t buy sweet potatoes that are too big.
- Give the sweet potatoes a good scrub and wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Place them in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK SWEET POTATOES IN THE SLOW COOKER?
- 3 to 4 hours on high
- 6 to 8 hours on low
- It will take longer for large sweet potatoes.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOUR CROCK POT SWEET POTATOES ARE DONE?
When you take them out of your crock pot, your sweet potatoes should be fork tender. If you aren’t able to easily pierce the sweet potato through the center all the way down with a fork, they should go back in the slow cooker for another half hour to an hour.
These sweet potatoes were on the small side of medium and they cooked perfectly in 3 and a half hours.
When you cut into your sweet potatoes, they will be soft and tender. They will mash up perfectly right in their skin. This method of cooking your sweet potatoes in the crock pot keeps your oven free, making this such a great dinner side dish recipe. These crock pot sweet potatoes would be a great side dish for these Baked Chicken Tenders or this Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs.
GREAT SWEET POTATO TOPPINGS
Once your sweet potatoes are cooked, they are good with so many different toppings. Some of many toppings! Some of my favorites are:
- brown sugar
- maple syrup
- green onions
OTHER GREAT HEALTHY SIDE DISHES
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Healthy Potato Salad
- Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- Easy Beet Salad
- Blueberry Apple Walnut Salad
- Garlic Parmesan Green Beens
Crockpot Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- butter optional
- brown sugar optional
- sour cream optional
- green onions optional
- Wash your sweet potatoes then wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. Please note that bigger sweet potatoes will need the full cooking time.