It’s my favorite food blogging season . . . GAMEDAY SEASON!!
If I could . . . if it wouldn’t make me ridiculously overweight . . . if my family would still let me live here . . . if Pinterest would still pin me . . . I would GAMEDAY ALL THE THINGS.
Can you just imagine it?? Jalapeño Popper Pancakes? Sandwiches at lunch stuffed with pizza toppings. Buffalo EVERYTHING for dinner?? Hey, we could have my Chocolate Bacon Bomb Pie for dessert!! Okay, so actually, I’m not really that far from already gamedaying all the things.
Add another one to the list of gameday food! Buffalo Beer Bread with Light Ranch Dip! I loooove a good beer bread, because they are so easy to throw together. I start with my basic Three Ingredient Beer Bread, and I just throw in other things and you can come up with all sorts of different creations. Like Jalapeño Popper and Bacon Cheddar. See. #gamedayallthethings
The real irony is that I don’t even like watching sports. I’m just in it for the food. Like with most things :)
This Buffalo Beer Bread is delicious on its own, with it’s deep blue cheese flavor and buffalo kick, but it’s even better, like ridiculously awesome good, with this Light Ranch Dip. This plate of bread and dip barely escaped the photo shoot!
Buffalo Beer Bread
- 3 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles divided
- 12 oz beer I used a pilsner
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease a bread pan well and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour and sugar. Then gently stir in the buffalo sauce and then 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles.
- Slowly pour in the beer, and stir it in until just combined.
- Pour it into the bread pan, sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup blue cheese and bake for 48 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove it from the pan and cool for another hour before slicing it.
You might also like