Make this Chocolate Chip Bread this weekend! It is so easy to make with no kneading and no rising. This is the perfect quick bread.
I never can get enough quick bread recipes. They can make anyone feel like an expert baker. Quick breads require no kneading and no rise time, making them extremely simple. Finally, with my tips and tricks all of your quick bread recipes will turn out fantastic, including this Chocolate Chip Bread.
How to Make Bread with Chocolate Chips
Here is a brief overview of how this quick bread comes together. For the full recipe including all measurements, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Mix the dry ingredients. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients. In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake the bread. Pour the batter into a prepared bread pan and bake until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
Make Your Bread Picture Perfect!
Sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top of the loaf before baking to give it a really appealing look like in the photos. Note that you may want to tent your bread with foil at the very end of baking, like the last ten minutes, to prevent those gorgeous chips from burning.
Best Bread Pan
Tips and Tricks For Chocolate Chip Bread
- Measure your flour correctly. This is an important step in any baking recipe. Whisk the flour in the container it’s stored in. Then use a spoon to scoop it into a dry measuring cup and level it off with the flat edge of a spatula or butter knife.
- Let your butter cool. This recipe calls for melted butter, but it is important to let it cool before making the batter or you run the risk of it cooking your eggs before it is added to the oven.
- Use fresh baking soda and baking powder. These both need to be replaced every six months or so. To test them, mix a little vinegar with baking soda and a little water with baking powder. They should bubble up right away. If not, it is time to throw them out and get new. Note that you will need both in this recipe.
- Don’t overmix. Mix the ingredients until they are just combined. Don’t overmix or the bread will be dense.
- Use a good bread pan. This truly does make a difference. Some work better than others; they are not all the same. I share my favorite pan for all bread recipes above.
Storing and Freezing
Store your chocolate chip bread in an airtight container on the counter for up to one week. This quick bread also freezes great! You can freeze it as a whole loaf or as slices. Allow the bread to cool completely and wrap it three times in foil or plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag. Store it in the freezer for up to three months. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator or overnight before eating.
To freeze the bread as slices, cut the loaf into slices and place them on a baking sheet lined with wax paper in the freezer for a few hours. Then put the frozen slices in a freezer-safe container and store in the freezer for up to three months.
- Use sour cream instead of yogurt. I do not recommend leaving out the yogurt altogether, but you can swap it out 1:1 for sour cream if that is what you have on hand.
- Make it gluten-free. I haven’t tested this recipe with gluten-free flour myself, but I have had readers have good luck in other quick bread recipes using a gluten-free flour 1:1 such as Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour.
- Add nuts. Walnuts or pecans would be delicious. Add them when you add the chocolate chips.
- Make banana bread or pumpkin bread with chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour 300 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup yogurt 227 grams
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar 148.5 grams
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter 56.5 grams melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips 170 grams
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 inch bread pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- In another medium bowl mix together the yogurt, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract.1 cup yogurt, 3 eggs, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry, being careful not to over-mix. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan.1 cup chocolate chips
- Bake the bread for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out with just a few crumbs. You may want to tent the bread with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent the top from burning.
- Remove the bread from the oven. After 10 minutes, remove from the bread pan and set on a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 1 week.