Jalapeño Artichoke Dip is the perfect party food. It comes together with a few easy ingredients and will be the first thing to go!
In 2021 I went to Colorado with three of my dearest friends to celebrate us all hitting a major birthday milestone. They are some of the most wonderful humans. People who love me exactly as I am, flaws and all. And there was no better way to celebrate my years rounding the sun than with them climbing a 14,000 foot mountain.
We did a bit more than that of course, including regular visits to The Sniching Lady Whiskey Distillery, watching the stars under the clearest skies, laughing until we couldn’t breathe, and stuffing our faces with the best food.
Top of the list of amazing foods we ate was this amazing Jalapeño Artichoke Dip. It was impossible to put down and made the best post hiking snack! Turns out it’s pretty simple to make at home and will become a party favorite.
How to Make Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
This is a quick overview of how to make this amazing and easy dip recipe. For the full recipe with all of the measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Blend the cream cheese and mayonnaise. It works best if the cream cheese is room temperature.
- Mix in the cheese and seasonings. Please see my note below about Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in the jalapeños and artichokes.
- Chill and then serve. While you can definitely serve this right away. I think it tastes better when it has chilled for at least 2 hours and the flavors are able to come together.
What Type of Parmesan to Use in Artichoke Dip
Parmesan cheese is sold a number of different ways and at various price points. I always recommend buying block cheese and shredding it. It just tastes better and performs better in recipes. The same holds true here.
That being said, if you can’t afford a block of Parmesan, you should still make this amazing appetizer. The pre-shredded can be more affordable and will also be delicious in this.
Jalapeños for Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
For this recipe, I recommend using pickled jalapeños. They have a unique taste that works perfectly in this great dip recipe.
I do not recommend using fresh jalapeños. I think their heat and taste will over power the recipe. But I have a fantastic recipe for homemade Pickled Jalapeños that starts with fresh jalapeños.
What to Serve with Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
We ate this with pita chips, but it would also be delicious with vegetables. I think that cucumbers and celery are especially perfect for this cold dip recipe.
This would also be fantastic as a sandwich spread, like hummus. I think it would be especially amazing as part of a Club Sandwich!
Yes! Add the ingredients to a baking dish and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Yes! Replace the mayonnaise with sour cream. It will have a different taste, but will still be delicious!
Yes! This is actually a little better the next day, so I definitely recommend making it the day before a party.
Yes, just make sure they are fully thawed and drained before adding them to the recipe.
Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (light mayonnaise will work here)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 7 ounces artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Blend together the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Mix in the cheese, artichokes, jalapenos, garlic, salt, onion, powder, and pepper. Taste and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pita chips and vegetables.