Jalapeño Artichoke Dip is the perfect party food. It comes together with a few easy ingredients and will be the first thing to go!
Last week you might have seen on Instagram that I was in Colorado with three of my dearest friends. We were celebrating turning 40 in the last year!
They are some of the most wonderful humans. People who love me exactly as I am, flaws and all. And there was no better way to celebrate my 40 years than with them climbing a 14,000 foot mountain.
We did a bit more than that of course, including regular visits to The Sniching Lady Whiskey Distillery, watching the stars under the clearest skies, laughing until we couldn’t breathe, and stuffing our faces with the best food.
Top of the list of amazing foods we ate was this amazing Jalapeño Artichoke Dip. It was impossible to put down and made the best post hiking snack! Turns out it’s pretty simple to make at home and will become a party favorite.
How to Make Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
- Blend the cream cheese and mayonnaise. It works best if the cream cheese is room temperature.
- Mix in the cheese and seasonings. Please see my note below about Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in the jalapeños and artichokes.
- Chill and then serve. While you can definitely serve this right away. I think it tastes better when it has chilled for at least 2 hours and the flavors are able to come together.
What Type of Parmesan to Use in Artichoke Dip
Parmesan cheese is sold a number of different ways and at various price points. I always recommend buying block cheese and shredding it. It just tastes better and performs better in recipes. The same holds true here.
That being said, don’t not make this recipe if you can’t afford freshly grated cheese. The pre-shredded can be more affordable and will also be delicious in this.
Jalapeños for Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
For this recipe, I recommend using pickled jalapeños. They have a unique taste that works perfectly in this great dip recipe.
I do not recommend using fresh jalapeños. I think their heat and taste will over power the recipe.
What to Serve with Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
We ate this with pita chips, but it would also be delicious with vegetables. I think that cucumbers and celery are especially perfect for this cold dip recipe.
Can jalapeño artichoke dip be served hot?
Yes! Add the ingredients to a baking dish and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
I don’t like mayonnaise, can I use something else?
Yes! Replace the mayonnaise with sour cream. It will have a different taste, but will still be delicious!
Can this be made ahead of time?
Yes! This is actually a little better the next day, so I definitely recommend making it the day before a party.
Can I use frozen artichokes?
Yes, just make sure they are fully thawed and drained before adding them to the recipe.
Other Great Cold Dip Recipes
If you make this great artichoke dip recipe or any of my other recipes, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (light mayonnaise will work here)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 7 ounces artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Blend together the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Mix in the cheese, artichokes, jalapenos, garlic, salt, onion, powder, and pepper. Taste and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pita chips and vegetables.