Veggie Pizza makes a perfect party appetizer! It is easy to make, and has such a delicious flavor, your guests will all be asking for the recipe.
Most of the Veggie Pizza recipes out there are made with cream cheese and ranch seasoning mix. In this recipe, I wanted to take the flavors of my Ranch Dressing and bring them into the topping for a fresher take.
The result is a delicious and creamy topping that works perfectly with the vegetables. It is still very easy to make, and most of the ingredients are already in your pantry.
How to Make Veggie Pizza
- Cook the dough. Spread out two containers of Seamless Crescent Roll Dough onto a rimmed baking sheet. If you can’t find the seamless variety, you can buy the kind with seams and gently press it together.
- Make the cream cheese spread. While the crust is baking, whip together the cream cheese and sour cream with the seasonings and shredded cheese.
- Allow crust to cool. Because we are topping this with a cold cream cheese spread, you want the dough to be cool before topping. It should only take about 30 minutes to cool.
- Construct the pizza. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust. Then top with veggies.
Veggie Pizza Toppings
There are two parts to topping a veggie pizza, the spread that goes on the dough, and the vegetables.
Cream Cheese Spread
This recipe uses a mixture of sour cream and cream cheese. I like how the two balance each other out. That said, we have also made this with 16 ounces of cream cheese and no sour cream and it was delicious.
For this recipe we used a combination of 6 different vegetables that we thought would make a pretty presentation. They have a wide array of colors and textures. You can certainly swap out one for something else. We have suggestions below.
Other Vegetable Suggestions
If you don’t like one or more of the vegetables listed here, I would suggest that you replace it with more of something else, or you add one of the following in it’s place. The goal here is to make a bright and vibrant crescent roll veggie pizza, so I would make sure you have a variety of colors.
- yellow squash
- shredded radishes
Is veggie pizza healthy?
My philosophy is everything in moderation. You are getting a significant number of calories in the crescent roll dough, cream cheese, and sour cream here. So that is something to keep in mind.
Can I use homemade pizza crust instead of packaged crescent roll dough?
I really wanted to make this recipe completely from scratch for you. We did try it with our fool proof pizza dough and just didn’t love the results as much as when we used pre packaged crescent roll dough.
Can I use other vegetables?
Of course! You should use what your family enjoys most. See our notes above for some other suggestions.
Can this cold veggie pizza be made ahead of time?
Yes! You can bake the dough, make the spread, and chop the veggies ahead of time. I would just advise that you wait until the day you are serving it to construct it.
Other Great Appetizers
If you make this Veggie Pizza Recipe or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
- 16 ounces seamless crescent roll dough (see note)
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried chives (or 2 teaspoons fresh)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced fine
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup olives sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions diced
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the crescent roll dough out and cover a 10 by 15 inch rimmed baking sheet with it. Press it together if it has seams, and make sure it has completely covered the baking sheet with a nice crust ridge around the edges. (See photos in the post.) There is no need to grease the pan first. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese and seasonings until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled crust.
- Top with vegetables, cut, and serve.