This Meatball Beef Stroganoff soup has the most creamy rich broth from scratch. Delicious and creamy, this is the perfect dinner recipe.
If you are looking for the perfect comforting dinner recipe for your family, look no further than this Meatball Stroganoff Soup. Made with a few short cuts, it takes the flavors you love of stroganoff and puts them in a great soup recipe.
How to Make Meatball Stroganoff Soup
- Sauté the mushrooms in olive oil.
- Make a roux. Add some butter to the mushrooms and then whisk in flour. Whisk in some white wine slowly, allowing the wine to absorb before you add more of it. Then whisk in beef broth.
- Cook the noodles. Bring the soup to a boil and then add in the noodles and frozen meatballs. Cook for 10 minutes or until they are tender.
- Stir in sour cream. Remove the soup from the heat and stir in sour cream.
Tips to Make Stroganoff Soup Better
- Use a frozen meatball that you really love and that you would eat on it’s own. Or make some from scratch.
- Use a wine you would drink. Don’t use cooking wine. Get a bottle of some wine that you would drink on it’s own. Sutter Home sells some mini bottles that are perfect for cooking if you aren’t a wine drinker.
- Keep an eye on the salt! One way to do that is to use a low sodium beef broth. Another way is to only add half the salt and then taste it at the end and add more.
How to Make this with Homemade Meatballs
If you are opposed to using store bought frozen meatballs, no problem. Follow these steps to use homemade meatballs.
- Next time you are having a meatball and spaghetti night, make a double batch of meatballs. I suggest using this Italian Meatball recipe, these great Turkey Meatballs, and these Swedish Meatballs would be perfect in this.
- Place the extra (fully cooked) meatballs on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze for two hours. Transfer the meatballs to an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- When you are ready to make this recipe, pull out your homemade frozen meatballs and cook the soup as written.
Meatball Beef Stroganoff Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 cups beef stock
- 16 ounce frozen meatballs read here about using homemade meatballs
- 8 ounce egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- parsley minced for garnish
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the the mushrooms and cook until soft and tender.
- Add the the butter, melt it. Add in the garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 30 seconds being sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add the flour and whisk into the butter. Cook for a minute to toast the flour.
- Whisk in the white wine slowly. Then slowly whisk in the beef broth.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Stir in the noodles and then top with the frozen meatballs. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Top with the parsley and enjoy!