These Salted Caramel Crock Pot Brownies come together with only FIVE ingredients! If you are looking for a delicious crock pot dessert, look no further. This one comes together so fast and is so delicious.
This amazing crock pot dessert recipe comes together with such little time and effort that it is exactly perfect for your lazy Sunday. I have another crock pot brownie recipe (Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Brownies) that this is just a simple riff on. It’s such a great go to dessert that requires five minutes of prep work and will make your house smell dreamy. Who knew making brownies in the crock pot would be so easy and delicious?
How to Make Salted Caramel Brownies in The Crock Pot
This is a brief summary of how to make salted caramel crockpot brownies. For full directions, measurements of ingredients, and cooking time, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Make the brownie batter. Combine brownie mix and salt in a large bowl. Then whisk in the oil, water, and eggs and pour into your greased crockpot.
- Add the caramel. Pour the caramel sauce over the brownie batter, keeping it away from the sides.
- Cook the brownies. Add the lid and cook on high.
- Enjoy! Scoop out and serve with ice cream!
Tips and Tricks
These are actually as easy as they sound, but there are a few things you should know.
- Master the caramel sauce. Caramel sauce is a fickle guy. If it gets too hot it will absolutely burn. You want to keep your caramel sauce in the middle of your brownie batter. Don’t mix it in, it will burn when it gets close to the sides of the crock pot. If you gently pour it on top and in the middle of the batter, you will be good to go.
- The cooking time is a range. The cooking time on this is listed as 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Mine was perfect at 2 1/2 hours. It was completely set at the edges and gooey in the middle. If you are worried about raw eggs, make this with pasteurized eggs and you should be good to go. If you are still worried, cook it for the full 3 hours, but know that it will be a little toasty at the edges.
- The salted caramel flavor. This has a distinct salt flavor because it is “salted caramel.” If that is not your jam, cut the salt in half or leave it out entirely.
Do you see how flexible these are? What version should I make next?
Crockpot Recommendation for Brownies
I used a 6 quart crock pot. I actually own two of them. They are workhorses that I have had for years and I love them. That said you could definitely cook this in a smaller one, you just might need to adjust the cooking time because your brownie layer will be thicker.
Cooking Range for Crockpot Recipes
As mentioned above, the earlier time is for gooey brownies. The later time is for brownies that are more set. Additionally, not all slow cookers are built the same or cook the same so some will need more time, some a little less. For this reason, most crockpot recipes need a recommended range when it comes to cooking time rather than a set time like an oven.
Mix-ins and Serving Suggestions
- Nuts. One fun thing about brownies is that you can add in different mix-ins to jazz up the flavor depending on what you like. One option to try is nuts. Adding your favorite nuts is a simple way to add a nice crunch to this recipe!
- Chocolate chips. Toss in some chocolate chips right before serving for some extra-chocolatey, gooey goodness.
- Ice cream. Vanilla ice cream is delicious with this recipe, especially when the brownies are still warm just coming out of the crockpot. Serve it on the side or put it right on top of your brownie!
- Whipped cream. This whipped cream recipe is the perfect addition to serve with your crockpot brownies. Store-bought whipped cream would work fine too.
How to Store Brownies
These salted caramel crock pot brownies can be stored in an air-tight container for up to four days. As this turns into more of a lava cake than a traditional brownie, I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
This recipe can be made gluten free by using a gluten free brownie mix.
Depending on how gooey you want your brownies to be, the cooking time will vary a little bit. Bake the brownies for at least 2 1/2 hours, and then add more time if you want them to be crispier.
This recipe does not freeze well due to its ingredients. If you are looking for a brownies recipe that you can freeze and enjoy later, these Death by Chocolate Brownies freeze great.
Other Great Brownie Recipes
I would love to hear from you! If you make these Salted Caramel Crock Pot Brownies or any of my other recipes, leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Salted Caramel Crock Pot Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces caramel sauce
- Grease a large slow cooker very liberally with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix and salt. Then whisk in the oil, 1/4 cup water, and eggs until combined. Pour into the prepared slow cooker.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the brownie batter, doing your best to keep it away from the sides. Top with the lid and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- The brownies will be gooey in the center at the end of cooking (especially if you end around 2 1/2 hours) but the edges should be set. Scoop out and serve with a spoon and top with ice cream.