This Turkey Bacon Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich is super easy and absolutely delicious – like a gourmet grilled cheese recipe. This is going to be your new favorite sandwich.
One of our favorite ways to feed people when they come over is paninis. We even bought a second panini maker so that we could make paninis faster when we have a crowed!
My love of paninis is what came up with this amazing Brie Grilled Cheese. While it is made as a grilled cheese recipe, it would be perfect as a panini too. The bacon, turkey, and brie come together perfectly with an easy mayonnaise sauce to make the perfect sandwich.
How to Make Brie Grilled Cheese
- Butter the bread. The sides of the bread that are going hit the skillet to need to be covered in butter. There is no need to measure it. Just make sure that there is butter on the outer sides of the bread.
- Make the mayonnaise sauce. Whisk together the mayonnaise and the garlic powder. If you want a stronger garlic flavor, whisk in fresh minced garlic.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place the bread butter side down in the skillet.
- Build the sandwich. Add the brie, turkey, and bacon to the bread. Then spread mayo mixture on the other piece of buttered bread and top the sandwich.
- Cook the grilled cheese. Cover the skillet. Cook for a few minutes. Then flip the sandwiches and cook for another minute or two covered.
What Bread to Use
This recipe calls for artisan bread. I love this recipe, but you can also buy them by the loaf at the grocery store. The loaves that come as a round with a harder crust and a soft inside, a lot like a sourdough, are my favorite.
Making Grilled Cheese with Brie
Brie might not be your first thought when you are craving a grilled cheese, but you really need to give this cheese a chance. You know it melts perfectly based on all the baked brie recipes out there. It also pairs amazing with so many other flavors, making it the ideal addition to a loaded grilled cheese sandwich.
My absolutely favorite brie grilled cheese sandwich I ever made was this Jalapeño Peach Panini. If it’s name turns you of, just call it Captain Awesome, because that’s what it is.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use deli turkey. If you are reading this and it isn’t after Thanksgiving, you probably don’t have turkey left overs. Just grab some deli turkey! It will also be delicious.
- Spice up the recipe. Some pickled jalapeños would be amazing on this.
- Throw in some cranberry sauce. If you are reading this and it is right after Thanksgiving, add some leftover cranberry sauce too! Its absolutely delicious.
Other Great Sandwiches
Turkey Bacon Brie Grilled Cheese
- butter softened
- 4 pieces of artisan bread
- 4 ounces of brie enough to cover one side of bread
- 4 ounces left over turkey (or deli turkey)
- 2 slices of thick cut bacon cooked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Mix together the mayonnaise and garlic salt. Set aside.
- Spread butter on one side of each of the pieces of bread.
- Heat a large skillet with a lid over medium low heat. Put two pieces of bread butter side down in the skillet. Add the brie, the turkey, the bacon, and then spread the mayo mixture on the other piece of bread and place it mayo side down, butter side up to top off the two sandwiches.
- Cover the skillet and cook over low heat for a few minutes. Carefully flip the sandwiches and cook, covered, for another minute or two. Serve immediately.