These Easy Sugar Cookie Bars are by far the easiest dessert I have ever made. They took me less than 20 minutes to make, including baking time, and the pay off was HUGE. They are so soft, buttery, chewy and packed with chocolate candy. If you are heading to a picnic or BBQ this summer and need to whip something up at the last minute, you are going to want it be these. They will be a huge hit!
TIPS FOR MAKING COOKIE BARS
- For easier spreading, spray some non-stick cooking spray on your fingers and push the dough into the pan.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, leaving a little overhang on two sides, then coat it with cooking spray. That way you can lift out the whole thing after baking, and cut into squares.
- After baking, let the whole pan cool on a wire rack in the pan before either removing or cutting.
EASIEST COOKIE BARS EVER
What makes this cookie bar recipe so simple? Use a pre-made sugar cookie mix! I keep a bunch of these on hand in my pantry for when a sweets craving hits and I just don’t have it in me to whip up a homemade dessert. These babies can be used in so many ways. So here’s what to do:
- Make the sugar cookies according to the directions on the package. All you need is an egg or two and some butter.
- Then, add dry vanilla pudding mix into the dough
- Next, stir in some M&Ms
Then bake as directed below. You’ll have soft, delicious cookie bars in no time!
VARIATIONS TO THESE EASY SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- You can try different flavors of pudding mix in the dough. I think it would taste yummy with butterscotch or coconut cream!
- Add in any kind of candies or nuts you like! Chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, chopped pecans, Reese’s Pieces, mint chips, almonds, coconut, the possibilities are endless!
- You can even spread a layer of frosting over the top of these cookies. Try using my Best Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe. Life changing, I tell you!
- These cookies taste delicious right out of the oven, or you can freeze them too! They’ll stay nice and fresh in the freezer for about a month.
MORE YUMMY BAR COOKIE RECIPES
Bar Cookies are some of my favorite treats to make! You can whip them up in no time and they serve a crowd. Try a few of these favorites:
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Bars
- Oatmeal Rolo Bars
- Sugar Cookie Butter Bars
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Magic Bars
I hope you enjoy this simple sugar cookie recipe as much as I do! It’s always fun to hear back from you after you try a recipe; please leave me a comment below and let’s share ideas together! Enjoy!
Easy Sugar Cookie Bars
- One package of Sugar Cookies and the ingredients needed to make them mine was 17.5 oz
- One pouch of Vanilla Pudding mix mine was 3.4 oz
- One cup M&M's
- Preheat your oven to 350. Heavily spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the Sugar Cookie mix as you would for making just regular cookies (as opposed to cut out cookies).
- Mix in the pudding mix (just the dry mix) and the M&Ms.
- Push the dough into the pan and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Let the bars cool completely before cutting into them, or just go nuts and eat the pan with a spoon.