This BLT Pizza is going to become the new family favorite. It is easy to make, and with my no fail pizza dough, it is absolutely delicious in every way.
If you have never felt confident making pizza at home, this is the recipe for you. It starts with my homemade pizza dough, which comes with step by step photos to ensure that you are successful with it every time. Then we top it with some ranch dressing, cheese, and all the fixings for a BLT sandwich. It is an easy pizza recipe, that will leave everyone so grateful you didn’t get delivery!
How to Make BLT Pizza
- Make pizza dough. A good crust is the literal foundation of any good pizza. I highly recommend using my homemade pizza dough recipe, but if you are tight on time you can always buy pizza dough. Did you know some pizzerias will sell you their dough already made? I suggest giving your favorites a call and asking if this is something they do!
- Cook up some bacon. When I am making a recipe that calls for cooked bacon pieces, I like to cut up the bacon first and then cook it. Be sure not to over cook the bacon, taking it out just before it looks crisp. It will continue to cook once it is removed from the hot pan.
- Top the crust. To the crust we are going to add ranch dressing, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and most of the bacon.
- Bake the pizza and then top. Bake the pizza for 20 to 25 minutes. Then take it out of the oven, top it with lettuce, tomato, and the remaining bacon. Slice it up and enjoy!
Making Pizza Dough from Scratch
I am a huge fan of my homemade pizza dough. You can read the reviews on that recipe and you will see that it has become the go to recipe for many families. It is easy to make, so even if you’ve never made pizza dough from scratch before, I suggest giving it a try.
The Secret To The Perfect Pizza Dough Recipe
Cooking Bacon for BLT Pizza
As mentioned above, I like to dice my bacon before I cook it.
- Cut it into small pieces and then cook it in a cast iron pan.
- When it just begins to crisp around the edges, remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon. It will continue to cook out of the pan and then further in the oven.
- Transfer it to a paper towel lined plate and pat dry with another paper towel.
What Ranch Dressing to Use
I have a homemade ranch dressing that is great for this recipe, though you certainly can also use store-bought. It was created specifically so that you could make it with ingredients you can keep on hand. I suggest you cut that recipe in half as it makes 2 1/4 cups and you only need half a cup for this recipe. I do not suggest cutting it down further, as it will get tricky to get the flavors right with such small measurements. Trust me, you will enjoy having extra for your salads.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
If there is one thing I can’t stress enough when someone is learning how to cook at home, it is to shred your own cheese. Pre-shredded cheeses that you buy at the grocery store are coated in preservatives. If you compare pre-shredded cheese to freshly shredded cheese side by side, you can actually feel the preservatives.
The reason this matters is that the preservatives on the cheese keep it from melting well. When you are making recipes that are based on cheese that melts well – like pizza or cheesy casseroles – this can actually make or break the recipe. It is well worth the extra five minutes it will take you to shred your own cheese.
Because BLT pizza has fresh ingredients on it after baking, I do not recommend reheating it.
Left overs of this pizza recipe will last in your refrigerator for 3 days and they are very delicious cold.
I have a full step by step tutorial on how to make pizza dough that you can find here: How to Make Pizza Dough.
Other Great BLT Inspired Recipes
- My BLT Chicken Salad is such a delicious twist on the classic.
- Everyone loves this cold BLT Dip Recipe.
- My BLT Ranch Wrap is a great lunch recipe.
- Finally, you can’t beat this hot BLT Dip.
If you make this great BLT Pizza recipe, or any of my other recipes, leave me a comment and let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.
- Preheat your oven for 400 degrees.
- Roll the pizza dough out to about 12 inches. Place on a pizza pan or baking stone.
- Spread the ranch dressing over the pizza dough. Reserve a few tablespoons of cooked bacon, and top the pizza with the rest of the bacon and the cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges of the pizza begin to brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then top with the tomatoes and lettuce and serve.