This easy Avocado Salsa is simple to make but full of flavor! Perfect to top your tacos or serve with your favorite chips. Make yourself a big pitcher of the best margarita recipe, some instant pot chicken tacos, and this delicious chunky avocado salsa for the best taco Tuesday!
This Easy Avocado Salsa needs to be on your next Taco Tuesday menu! It’s basically jazzed up guacamole, and is so easy to make. I made it when I made these Baja Tacos, and it was perfect on those, but obviously my preferred way to eat anything avocado is with chips and a giant cocktail.
How to Make Avocado Salsa
For this Avocado Salsa, you just toss in some cherry tomatoes, pineapple, and red onion with your avocado, a little salt and pepper and you are good to go. Seriously, it could not be more simple. It is a nice vacation from guacamole, especially with the tang of the onion and the sweetness of the pineapple. And I love that it comes together super fast, so it’s perfect for parties!
How to Store Leftovers
I don’t know how this would be possible, but if you find yourself with some leftover Avocado Salsa, you can keep it fresh for up to two days using this simple method:
- Put the leftover salsa in a zipped baggie.
- Use a spoon to completely flatten the salsa and remove any air pockets.
- Place the baggie in a shallow bowl, then gently pour on about a half inch of water, completely covering the bag.
- Refrigerate, covered tightly, up to two days.
What to Serve with Avocado Salsa
No judgement here if you cozy up to a big bowl of this salsa with your favorite chips, but you can also serve a big dollop on top of any of these yummy recipes:
- 2 avocados smashed
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz pineapple chunks drained and chopped
- 1/4 red onion diced small
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and serve with tortilla chips.