Cheeseburger Sliders are an easy dinner that you will fall in love with. The flavor of this simple slider recipe is over the top incredible.
After I made this Cheeseburger Slider recipe the other day, I knew that I had to bump everything else in my schedule and share it with you all immediately. I used my burger seasoning to season the meat, and then added ketchup, mayonnaise, and cheese to the mixture. This simple combination makes for a cheesy slider that you will drool over.
This is the perfect slider recipe for a crowd. It makes 24 little cheeseburgers that you can serve as an appetizer. This would also make a great, easy, family dinner!
How to Make Cheeseburger Sliders
- Brown the meat and sauté the onion. Throw the diced onion in right with the meat – it will soften perfectly. Drain the excess grease from the pan.
- Season the mixture. Add in the spices, ketchup, and mayonnaise. Stir in half a cup of shredded cheese.
- Cut the slider rolls in half. There should be a bottom layer and a top layer. I find it works best to use a serrated knife and cut half way through, and then start in on the other side.
- Put together the sliders. Add the meat to the bottom half of the rolls. Then top with shredded cheese. Add the top of the rolls. Brush with butter and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake and enjoy!
Shredding Your Own Cheese
While buying a bag of pre-shredded cheese cuts some time from the recipe, I don’t think that time saver is worth it. Block cheese that you shred yourself melts and tastes so much better.
For this recipe, I used store bought Hawaiian slider rolls. I found a 24 pack that made for 24 small and delicious little sliders.
Whatever you use, you want to make sure that it is something that will fit snuggly in a 9 by 13 inch baking pan. The base of them needs to be big enough to hold all of the meat. My dinner roll recipe is another great option.
Leftover sliders should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. To reheat, place the sliders that you want to eat in a baking dish, cover, and warm in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
Can Cheeseburger Sliders be made ahead of time?
The best part about sliders is pulling them out of the oven and they are warm and gooey and delicious. While these should not be constructed ahead of time, you could make the hamburger mixture ahead of time which would cut a significant amount of prep time off this recipe.
Can this slider recipe be frozen?
If you have left overs, you could place the sliders (cut into individual sandwiches) on a parchment lined baking sheet and then freeze for 1 hour. Transfer them to an airtight container where they can be stacked and frozen for up to three months.
What to Serve with Cheeseburger Sliders
If this is a family dinner, here are a few great options to go along with them!
If this is one part of a spread for a party, here are some other great finger foods!
If you make this amazing Cheeseburger Sliders recipes, or any of my other recipes, leave me a comment and let me know!
- 2 pounds ground beef (80/20)
- 1 small onion diced
Hamburger Seasoning (see note)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
To Make Sliders
- 24 Hawaiian rolls
- 2 cups cheddar cheese 8 ounces, shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the beef. Break it up and then add in the diced onion and the spices that make up the hamburger seasoning. Cook until the beef is cooked through. Drain the excess grease. Stir the 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and ketchup into the meat.
- Cut the rolls in half and place the bottom half in the bottom of the pan. Top with the hamburger mixture.
- Top with the rest of the shredded cheese. Place the top half of the rolls on top. Pour the melted butter over the top. Then sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 more minutes. Cut sliders before serving.