This Chicken Wrap recipe is such an easy weeknight dinner. Done in about 25 minutes and delicious, these will become a regular meal in your house.
I am so happy to be sharing this easy lunch recipe with you today! It is perfect for dinners too, and your family will them. These Chicken Wraps come together so quickly, and have the perfect flavors.
I almost feel guilty calling these a recipe, but I know you will love having a fast recipe that you can make for Saturday lunches or weeknight dinners. This is the perfect recipe for a family on the run.
Chicken Wrap Ingredients
- Cooked Chicken (see below)
- Romaine Lettuce
- Roma Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Shredded Cheese
- Chick Fil A Sauce or BBQ Sauce
- Flour Tortillas
Please note that you need at least 9 inch sized tortillas to make this wrap work. These are the Burrito Sized tortillas in the store.
How To Make Shredded Chicken
Shredded chicken is very easy to make for this recipe or any other recipe. For this recipe you will need just under a pound of chicken.
- Cover the chicken breast completely with water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 4 to 10 minutes. The thickness of the breasts will determine how long you need to cook it.
- Cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
I love cooking mine with an instant read thermometer in it. The one linked has a long cord so it can stay in the whole time it is cooking and alert you when the chicken is done.
Alternatively, you could buy a rotisserie chicken or make shredded chicken in the Instant Pot.
What Sauce to Use
I think this recipe is perfect using my Chick Fil A Sauce (a Honey BBQ based sauce). It makes it so much like a Chick Fil A Wrap. That being said there are lots of other sauces that would be great in this.
How to Grill a Chicken Wrap
I think one of the best parts about this recipe is the crispy outside and melty cheese inside that you get from grilling them. To grill them:
- Fold the outsides of the wrap in on itself.
- Then roll it up.
- Place it seam side down on the hot grill.
- Flip it over after 2 to 3 minutes, and grill it for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- If it starts to open up on the grill after flipping, stick a tooth pick through it to secure it.
I think these are great to make on an indoor grill pan. You can see my favorite linked below under Recommended Tools.
Do I Need to Grill These?
While I think that these are great grilled, it is not absolutely necessary. These would also be wonderful just as a wrap packed in a school lunch.
Other Easy Dinner and Lunch Ideas
If you make these Chicken Wraps or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
- Indoor Grill Pan: This is a perfect way to cook these indoors all year round.
- Tongs: When it comes to tongs for grilling, I always go with basic. The fancy once tend to freeze up in the middle of my grilling.
- A Good Knife: With the chopping in this recipe, you need a good knife to get the work done, and I love this one!
- 2 cups cooked chicken (See notes in the post about how to cook shredded chicken)
- 2 cups chopped Romain lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 small red onion diced fine
- 1 cup finely shredded colby jack cheese finely shredded
- 1/2 cup Chick Fil A Sauce (See note in post about other sauces to use.)
- 4 9 inch flour tortillas (You are looking for burrito size)
- Heat a grill to medium low heat.
- Divide the chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and cheese evenly among the tortillas.
- Top each one with Chick Fil A Sauce. Fold in the ends about two inches, and then roll up the wraps.
- Lightly grease the grill, and add the wraps. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.