Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip is the answer to easy party food! This buffalo chicken dip is the perfect appetizer recipe.
I have such a great easy appetizer for you today. I love making appetizers, and I think that they easily can come together to replace a meal. It makes for such a fun family movie night or game night together.
This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip is just a few simple ingredients tossed into your slow cooker. It heats up perfectly, and then stays nice and warm for people to come back to.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
That is right my friends, this is just a five ingredient recipe!
Hot Sauce vs. Buffalo Sauce
This recipe calls for hot sauce. To make Buffalo Sauce, you typically combine butter and hot sauce together. In this recipe, the cream cheese, the ranch dressing, and the hot sauce come together to make a great buffalo flavor.
I recommend using Frank’s Hot Sauce in this recipe. It works perfectly.
This recipe calls for cooked chicken. I have a few recommendations for that.
- I think the easiest thing to do is buy a few rotisserie chickens, shred them, and freeze the shredded chicken. Then you always have frozen chicken on hand for my Chicken and Dumplings or my Chicken Noodle Casserole as well as for this great dip recipe.
- You could also make some shredded chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Finally, you can boil chicken breasts on the stove top. Bring a pot of water with chicken breasts to a boil and simmer for 4 to 10 minutes or until an instant read thermometer registers 165 degrees.
Cutting Shredded Chicken
I think a key to enjoying this recipe, is cutting up your shredded chicken. After you cook chicken (or shred a store bought rotisserie chicken), cut it up into about 1/2 inch pieces. It makes better bites of this great dip recipe.
Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing
This recipe calls for ranch dressing because I think that nothing goes better with Buffalo Sauce than ranch. Just try it in my Buffalo Chicken Pizza. I also think that my homemade ranch dressing is perfect in this recipe!
That being said, if you prefer the flavor of Blue Cheese Dressing, go for it! Just swap out the ranch dressing for the same amount of Blue Cheese Dressing.
Substitutes for Blue Cheese
If you don’t like blue cheese, you are not alone. Every time I share my Fall Salad, I get readers asking what they can use instead of Blue Cheese.
In this recipe, I would suggest that you take out the blue cheese and substitute it with shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack Cheese.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip
This dip is great with so many different things! Here are a few options:
- Cut up carrots
- Cut up Celery
- Tortilla Chips
Make In the Oven
If you don’t have a small slow cooker, you can make this in the oven! Put it in a small casserole dish (2 cup) and bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
If you make this great Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Blend all of the ingredients together.
- Cook in a small slow cooker set to high for 30 minutes or until it is completely heated through. (Click here for instructions on making in the oven.)