Sex on the Beach is the perfect tropical cocktail. Made with simple ingredients, you will love this delicious drink!
This delicious cocktail doesn’t have to just be for when you are on vacation. Even if you don’t have a stocked at home bar, this is a great and easy recipe to make. Serve it for a ladies’ night on the patio while we still have a little bit of summer left.
Sex on the Beach Ingredients
The classic sex on the beach drink recipe is made from four simple ingredients. They all combine for a fruity and tropical cocktail that has been loved for decades. For the full measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Vodka: The quality of the vodka isn’t as important in this recipe compared to other more vodka-forward cocktails like a martini because the fruity juices take most of the attention. Use any plain vodka that you have on hand; I prefer Tito’s.
- Peach Schnapps: This peach-flavored liqueur adds a peachy punch and is also delicious in my Peach Sangria Recipe.
- Cranberry Juice: Use a cranberry juice cocktail that is a blend with other fruit juices.
- Orange Juice: Freshly squeezed is always ideal for cocktails, but store-bought orange juice will work as well. Want to make sure you always have orange juice on hand? Buy small bottles that will store well in your pantry.
How to Make a Sex on The Beach Drink
Here is a brief overview of how this fruity cocktail comes together. For the full recipe including all measurements, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Combine ingredients. Add lots of ice and your vodka, peach schnapps, cranberry juice, and orange juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Give it a good shake. Shake well to combine, for at least 20 seconds.
- Pour drink. Strain your cocktail into the glasses with ice and garnish.
How to Serve
These hurricane glasses are perfect for holding your sex on the beach drinks. They have plenty of room for ice and the stem prevents the cocktail from getting warm in your hand. I love using hurricane glasses for any tropical cocktail, including my Pina Colada.
The cocktail can be enjoyed as is, but I love the festive touch of an orange slice and cherry. Even better, add a cocktail umbrella.
Make it a Pitcher
To make a pitcher of sex on the beach, use the following measurements. This will give you six delicious cocktails.
- 1 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup peach schnapps
Tips and Tricks
- Use plenty of ice. The key to this drink being so refreshing is to keep it really cold. Don’t skimp on the ice in the glass.
- Add pineapple juice. You can use this instead of or in addition to the orange juice.
- Swap the vodka for tequila or rum.
If you try this sex on the beach recipe or any of my other recipes, leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Sex on the Beach
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 ounces orange juice
- 1 ounce peach schnapps
- orange wedge for garnish
- maraschino cherry for garnish