Make this Copycat Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla recipe right in the comfort of your own home. It is so easy to throw together and makes a perfect and easy weeknight dinner.
A guilty pleasure in our house is Taco Bell, and we always get at least one chicken quesadilla. The Taco Bell quesadilla sauce is absolutely amazing, and what makes them totally irresistible!
I have some great news for you, though. The Taco Bell Quesadilla is so easy to make at home. Let’s start by making the sauce!
Very good and fast. Thanks for the sauce it was a great.
Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce
This simple sauce comes together with a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
Quesadilla Sauce Ingredients
- Pickled Jalapeños
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic Powder
How to Make Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce
- Mince some pickled jalapeños: I have a homemade pickled jalapeño recipe, but you certainly can buy some. You are going to use both the minced jalapeños and some of the pickling juice for this recipe.
- Whisk everything together: In a small bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients for the sauce.
How to Make a Taco Bell Quesadilla
- Heat the skillet: Put a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the sauce: Spread the Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce over the tortilla shell.
- Cook the quesadilla: Spray the skillet with some cooking spray. Add the prepared tortilla shell to the skillet, then top it with cheese, chicken, and a little more cheese. Top it with another tortilla shell.
- Flip: Cook the quesadilla for 2 minutes on each side. I love to cook my quesadillas on low heat and covered.
Tips for the Perfect Chicken Quesadilla
- Buy good cheese. You will be a million times happier with this quesadilla if you shred your own cheese. It is tempting to save time by buying pre-shredded cheese, but cheese that you shred yourself from the block melts infinitely better.
- Cook your quesadilla in a skillet you can cover with a lid. You want to cook it over low heat and cover it between flipping it.
We have some great recipes that will be perfect with this chicken quesadilla recipe.
- Blender Salsa: This only takes 10 minutes to make, and it is my littlest’s favorite.
- Guacamole: I’m obsessed with my mom’s simple and easy guac.
- Pico de Gallo: This is my go to for tacos and it’s perfect on the side here too.
- Spanish Rice: Our rice recipe makes a great easy side dish and the flavor is delightful.
If you make this amazing quesadilla recipe or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla
- 6 10 inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise see note
- 2 teaspoons minced pickled jalapeños
- 2 teaspoons pickled jalapeño juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place a large skillet that you can fit with a lid over very low heat.
- In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Divide the sauce between three tortillas.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, spray the skillet with a very small amount of cooking spray. Place the tortilla (that has been prepared with the sauce) in the skillet. Add about 2/3 cup of a cheese, 1/3 a cup of chicken and a little more cheese. Top with a second tortilla shell.
- Let it cook for about two minutes or until the shell begins to turn golden brown. Cover while it is cooking. Flip it over, recover, and cook for another two minutes. Repeat with the other prepared tortillas.
- Slice with a pizza cutter and enjoy.