This Buffalo Pull Apart Bread is cheesy bread with a great buffalo flavor that makes it perfect for any party!
This buffalo pull apart bread is one of my favorite old recipes. It is so easy to make, it is ooey-gooey delicious, and it is something you are going to crave long after you have it. This bread is perfect to make for game-day parties or if you are craving carbs at the end of a long week.
Ok, I made this and OMG! Wow… thank you so much for these recipes!!!
How to Make Buffalo Pull Apart Bread
This is a brief overview of how this cheesy pull apart bread recipe comes together. For the full recipe including all measurements, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Cut the bread. Cut the loaf of bread length-wise and width-wise, being careful to not cut all the way through the loaf.
- Make the buffalo filling. Melt your butter in a saucepan then whisk in the buffalo sauce, scallions, and the blue cheese crumbles and stir to combine.
- Add the mozzarella to the bread. Press it into the cuts you made in the bread. Then use a spoon to add the sauce to the bread, getting some into each of the cracks.
- Bake the bread. Loosely tent the bread with foil and bake until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Best Baking Sheets
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
The star of this pull apart bread is buffalo sauce. My Homemade Buffalo Sauce is perfect and comes together in 10 minutes. Store-bought buffalo sauce will also work great in this recipe.
Best Bread to Use
This recipe is made with a round artisan loaf of bread. Loaves with a harder crust and soft inside, like sourdough, are my favorite. If you can’t find a round loaf at your bakery or grocery store, use a loaf of Italian bread or French bread. For how to cut a long (rather than circle) loaf, check out my Jalapeño Popper Pull Apart Bread.
Use a super sharp serrated knife to cut the loaf. Make sure you don’t cut all the way through the loaf. This allows the sauce and cheese to soak into the bread but not fall out the bottom.
Cheese For Pull Apart Bread
This cheesy pull apart bread features two kinds of cheese: blue cheese crumbles and mozzarella. If you don’t like blue cheese, I give my recommendation for replacing it below.
Since pre-shredded cheese is covered with preservatives to prevent it from clumping together, I recommend shredding cheese from a block for all of your recipes that call for shredded cheese. It will melt and taste so much better. It is worth it to take the extra couple of minutes to shred your own mozzarella.
If you need to, use your fingers to get all the mozzarella cheese into the crevices of the bread. Your hands can be the best kitchen tools you have! Make sure your hands are clean.
Substitutions for Blue Cheese
If you don’t like blue cheese, you are not alone. It has a very distinct flavor that people either love or don’t. I would suggest that you take out the blue cheese and substitute it with more shredded mozzarella or monterey jack cheese.
Serving Buffalo Pull Apart Bread
After baking, serve this bread immediately. It’s perfect right out of the oven when the cheese is all melted and gooey. If you need to reheat, just cover the loaf with foil and pop it back in the oven for a couple of minutes.
If you want to make this pull-apart bread ahead of time, prepare the recipe up to the point of baking it. Cover it with foil and refrigerate for up to one day in advance. Take out of the refrigerator and bake with the foil tented over it.
If you try this buffalo pull apart bread recipe or any of my other recipes, please leave a comment and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!
Buffalo Pull Apart Bread
- 1 loaf round artisan bread I like sourdough
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 4 green scallions sliced thin about one inch into the green
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Cut the loaf of bread length-wise and width-wise, being careful to not cut all the way through the loaf.1 loaf round artisan bread
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or skillet over medium heat. When it is completely melted, gently whisk in the buffalo sauce until it is fully combined. Add the scallions and the blue cheese crumbles and remove from the heat.8 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, 4 green scallions, 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Add the shredded cheese to the bread by pushing it into the cuts you've just made. This will help keep the bread open when you pour in the sauce.1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Using a spoon, add the sauce to the bread, getting some of the sauce into each of the cracks. Make sure you use all of the sauce.
- Tent loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted. Serve immediately.