If you love easy dinners, you have to try our Pizza Sliders! These taste like perfect bites of pizza on a little bun. They are easy to make and easier to eat.
If your family is in a dinner rut, these Pizza Sliders are the perfection solution! They come together in about 35 minutes – start to finish! They are delicious as written, but we have great suggestions below if you are looking to mix it up a little with other toppings. Not only that, but these make a fantastic appetizer for your next party. Or if 5 hungry teenagers show up at your house.
How to Make Pizza Sliders
These Pizza Sliders are a great weeknight meal that your whole family will love. Here is a brief overview of how they come together, so be sure to scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the full instructions and all measurements.
- Cut the dinner rolls in half. I like to use a large serrated knife for this and place one hand on top of the rolls while cutting with the other hand. Put the bottom half in a baking pan.
- Build the sliders. Layer the bottom half of the rolls with sauce followed by pepperoni and cheese.
- Add the tops of the rolls. Pour the butter sauce on top of the rolls.
- Bake. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake.
Using Homemade Pizza Sauce
Part of what makes this one of the best slider recipes is how simple the ingredients are. That being said, using good quality ingredients will take these Pizza Sliders from good to great. I love using my homemade Pizza Sauce. It comes together with just a few ingredients in the blender and adds the perfect flavor to your homemade pizza.
Homemade Pizza Sauce
Shredding Your Own Cheese
If you’ve read any of my recipes that call for shredded cheese, you have probably also read my recommendation for shredding the cheese yourself. The flavor and melting quality of cheese that you’ve shredded yourself are totally worth the extra couple of minutes. Pre-shredded cheese is covered with preservatives to help it keep its form, which prevents it from melting well.
Other Topping Ideas
You can customize these Pizza Sliders with your family’s favorite pizza toppings! Add cooked ground hamburger or sausage, olives, mushrooms, pineapple, onions, or peppers. Toss them all in after you add the sauce to the bottom layer and you can keep the baking time exactly as is.
Dinner Rolls For Sliders
Many slider recipes are made with Hawaiian Rolls, a sweet dinner roll that is perfectly sized for a baking dish. For this recipe, we use dinner rolls. You can use white or wheat dinner rolls, or even use Hawaiian Rolls knowing they will be sweeter. Additionally, my Dinner Roll recipe is great to use if you want to make your own rolls. They are baked together in a 9 by 13 inch pan. Keep them together to make slicing easy for this recipe.
Dinner Roll Recipe
The sauce that tops this slider recipe adds the perfect amount of flavor and buttery goodness. The combination of butter, Italian seasoning, and finely grated parmesan cheese is perfection.
If you are making this recipe ahead of time, you will want to wait until right before baking to pour on the sauce.
You want to bake your Pizza Sliders long enough that the cheese will melt, but watch them closely so the tops don’t burn.
It is important that they are covered with foil for the first 15 minutes of the baking time. In the last 10 minutes of baking, the foil comes off which allows the tops of the sliders to crisp up in the best way.
If you want to make these sliders ahead of time, prepare them up to the point of putting on the sauce. Hold off on making the sauce until right before putting them in the oven. Be sure to store the sliders covered and in the refrigerator if you make them in advance.
Other Slider Recipes
Sliders are so versatile because they can be made as a party food or as a dinner with your family. Here are some of my other delicious slider recipes.
- Bacon Ranch Turkey Sliders
- Breakfast Sliders Recipe
- Italian Pesto Sliders
- Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sliders Recipe
If you try this easy slider recipe or any of my other recipes, please leave a comment telling me what you think!
Topping for Sliders
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 pound dinner rolls 24 small or 12 large (my dinner rolls also work great)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces pepperoni
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together the butter, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cut the rolls in half and put the bottom in the prepared baking dish. Top with the pizza sauce. Add the pepperoni, and then top with the cheese. (Itching to add more toppings? Read my recommendations here.)
- Add the tops of the rolls and pour over the butter mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the foil. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Cut and serve immediately.
LEAVE A COMMENT