This easy Christmas Punch with vodka is going to be the highlight of your party. A holiday punch recipe that is super simple to make and absolutely delicious.
If you are hosting a holiday party this year, you definitely need to invest in a gorgeous punch bowl, and whip up a batch of this amazing Christmas Punch. It comes together with just a few ingredients and is perfect to serve a crowd of people in the holiday spirit.
Even better, we have scaled versions in the recipe card below so you can make the batch that is right for you and your crew.
How to Make Christmas Punch
- Gather all of your ingredients. Ensure that all of your ingredients are very cold. Read more about each ingredient below.
- Ensure that all of your ingredients are very cold. We aren’t adding ice to this punch because we don’t want to dilute it. Read an alternative below.
- Combine everything in a punch bowl. You want to do this right before your party starts. It will take about 5 minutes to whip this up, so it is the perfect thing to do last minute.
- Garnish the punch. I like to float orange slices and fresh cranberries in it. If you can find a pomegranate or pomegranate seeds, those are great too!
Non Alcoholic Christmas Punch
Do you love this idea but have a lot of kids coming over? You can make my Non Alcoholic Holiday Punch and allow grown ups to add vodka after serving.
Christmas Punch Ingredients
- Vodka: I recommend using a mid to high level vodka with this. My favorite mid level is Titos and my favorite high level is Gray Goose. If you are looking for something more budget friendly, get Kirkland’s vodka. It wins against top shelf vodka in blind taste tests.
- Pomegranate Liqueur: A lot of grocery stores carry this, but if you can’t find it, head to a liquor store. The brand I always buy is Pama. We have a few recipes linked below for other ways to use this great liqueur.
- Cranberry Juice Cocktail: Be sure to buy the cocktail and not plain cranberry juice. The regular juice is very bitter, but the cocktail variety has a subtle sweetness that works much better in this.
- Lemon Lime Soda: Sprite and 7UP both work very well in this recipe.
- Pineapple Juice
- Ginger Ale
Keeping Christmas Punch Cold
A very easy way to keep this punch cold is to start with very cold ingredients. Here are two alternatives:
First, freeze the cranberries you are going to float in it. Pop that fresh bag of cranberries right in the freezer overnight and pour them in from frozen right before the party starts.
Second, make a pretty floating ice ring. Pour some extra pineapple and cranberry juice in a bundt pan (no need to fill it more than a few inches). And add in some fruit to that. Pop it into the punch bowl at party time and it will keep the punch cold without diluting it with water.
Different Serving Sizes
You will notice in the recipe card that there are different serving sizes.
The first serving size is for a single batch. This is a single cocktail and is a great way to test the flavors of the punch before you commit to serving it at your party.
The second serving size is a half batch of what you see in the pictures. This is perfect for a crowd of 15 to 20 people.
The final batch is what you see pictured here. It is great for serving 30 to 40 people.
Substitutions and Variations
This Christmas Punch is pretty forgiving, so you can play with it a little and see what you like best. Here are some ideas.
- If you don’t want to spring for the pomegranate liqueur, buy some pomegranate juice instead. (Just swap it one for one.)
- If you are not a big fan of pineapple juice, I happen to know that lemonade is also very delicious in this recipe. (Just swap it one for one.)
- Like I mentioned, you could make this recipe family friendly by using pomegranate juice and leaving out the vodka or setting it out to the side and topping it with some orange sherbet.
- If you don’t like ginger ale, skip it! I loved the taste of the punch as is, and then added in some ginger ale at the end because I’m a fan. It is great with or without it.
How Else Can I use Pomegranate Liqueur
- This Cranberry Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail is a big hit this time of year! So pretty too!
- I am totally in love with this Pomegranate Mojito! It is refreshing, and it looks so so festive!
- Finally, you will love it in this simple and delicious Christmas Sangria.
Other Big Batch Cocktails for Parties
If you make this easy Christmas Punch recipe, make sure to let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Easy Christmas Punch
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce pomegranate liqueur or pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 ounces sprite or other lemon lime soda
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1.5 ounces ginger ale
Medium Batch (serves 15 to 20)
- 16 ounces vodka (2 cups)
- 16 ounces pomegranate liqueur or pomegranate juice
- 32 ounces cranberry juice cocktail (4 cups)
- 32 ounces sprite
- 24 ounces pineapple juice (3 cups)
- 24 ounces ginger ale (3 cups)
Big Batch (serves 30 to 40)
- 32 ounces vodka (4 cups)
- 32 ounces pomegranate liqueur or pomegranate juice
- 64 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 liters sprite
- 46 ounces pineapple juice
- 48 ounces ginger ale (6 cups)
- Combine all of the ingredients. It is best if they have been kept cold.
- Add fresh cranberries and fresh orange slices.