This Easy Marinara Sauce Recipe is the perfect recipe to use on pizza, spaghetti, or in recipes that call for a basic sauce. Use this simple easy marinara sauce from scratch the next time you are making pasta and meatballs! This marinara sauce recipe starts with tomato sauce and other easy to find ingredients, and comes together in about 30 minutes!
Have you guys been sucked in by the Instant Pot craze?
I totally have been.
I mean . . . a magical contraption that cooks things in a snap? What’s not to love?
My first adventures in Instant Potting were with this Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta Casserole and these Honey BBQ Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs. And now I’m kind of obsessed. I have this amazing Instant Pot spaghetti recipe coming your way, and it totally needed a homegrown marinara sauce to go with it.
So here we are friends!
This homemade marinara sauce is thinner than your typical spaghetti sauce. It would be the perfect addition to pasta night – one of my family’s favorites! Serve your pasta and meatballs with a big helping of this spaghetti marinara sauce recipe and some delicious vegetables on the side like this oven roasted asparagus or this easy side salad.
How to Make Homemade Marinara Sauce from Scratch
- Start by heating some olive oil in a large heavy bottomed Dutch oven. I love this one.
- Then add in your tomato sauce, tomato paste, white wine, sugar, and other seasonings.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until it reaches desired thickness. For a thinner marinara sauce don’t simmer quite that long.
This Easy Marinara Sauce would be the perfect addition to so many dinner recipes. But it is also great for dipping your favorite appetizers in! Use it to dip these baked mozzarella sticks or these easy meatball sub bites! It would also be totally perfect in my Meatball Sub Dip, the appetizer that everyone always wants the recipe for!
There you go my friends! You are going to love this super easy sauce and want to make it all the time!
Easy Marinara Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced (see note)
- 29 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn the garlic (see note).
- Pour in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and white wine and stir until combined. Then stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a low boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until your sauce reaches your desired level of thickness. A thicker sauce (longer cooking) is great for pizza.
LEAVE A COMMENT