This Grilled Pineapple with Cinnamon Honey Drizzle is a perfect side dish or even dessert. The extra flavor added with the grilling combined with a sweet sauce turns this into a delicious sweet treat for any meal.
Learn how to cut a pineapple and then make this amazing grilled pineapple!
It was right around the time that I was graduating from college that Rachael Ray was kind of coming onto the cooking scene in a major way. Nathan and I would watch 30 minute meals, and I was totally enthralled with the idea of making a well balanced meal at home. I guess before then I assumed that if I ever wanted to eat well again, I would have to go to my mom’s house. It wasn’t long before my mom was giving me Rachael Ray’s cookbooks for every major holiday. I guess that was a hint!
Fun Side Dish or Healthy Dessert
Grilled pineapple was of the first recipes I remember seeing on Rachael Ray’s Thirty Minute Meals. It’s so simple to make and can be a delicious summery side dish when grilling burgers, chicken kabobs or steaks. But it can also serve as a healthy and refreshing dessert.
Here, I’ve paired it with a really simple honey and cinnamon drizzle. It gives it a little sweetness with a kick that I think is so yummy over the warm grilled pineapple!
How to Grill Pineapple
- Preheat your grill (or your indoor grill top!)
- Spray your indoor grill with a nonstick spray, or grease your grill.
- Grill the pineapple spears for three minutes on each side.
- Before serving, drizzle on some Cinnamon Honey Sauce!
Grilled Pineapple on the Stovetop
As I mentioned above, if you want to make this recipe in the winter, just grab a stovetop grill and go for it! The pineapple grills up perfectly indoors as well as outdoors. You won’t believe how sweet and tasty grilled pineapple can be!
Other Great Pineapple Recipes
- If you have extra grilled pineapple left over (though I doubt it), I highly recommend this Pineapple Mango Salsa!
- If you aren’t a mango fan, then use your left over pineapple in this Pineapple Avocado Salsa!
- When you can’t get enough pineapple, make this Pineapple Coconut Zucchini Bread.
- And if your sweet tooth is rally kicking in, make this Pineapple Cake Recipe!
Grilled Pinapple with Cinnamon Honey Drizzle
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pineapple sliced into spears
- On a grill prepared with non stick spray, place pineapple slices over medium heat for about three minutes on each side.
- While the pineapple is grilling, mix together the honey (softened in the microwave for about 30 seconds) and the cinnamon.
- Drizzle the grilled pineapple with the honey and serve.