This Key Lime Martini is like dessert in a glass! If you love key lime pie, give this amazing key lime martini recipe a try. You will not be disappointed.
Sometimes at the end of a meal you just want a dessert . . . that you can drink. Enter the key lime pie martini. This recipe, which mimics the flavors of a key lime pie, is delicious, smooth, and perfect when you are looking for a dessert cocktail.
Key Lime Martini Ingredients
Key lime martinis combine two different vodkas and a few other ingredients to make a deliciously sweet drink. The result is a creamy drink with a tart citrus taste that is balanced perfectly with sweetness. This is the perfect martini recipe for special occasions.
- Vanilla vodka: There are several brands that make vanilla vodka and it has just a slight vanilla flavor that adds so much to recipes. Use it again in my White Christmas Martini.
- Citrus vodka: Look for a citrus or lemon vodka.
- Key lime juice: You can’t make anything key lime flavored without key lime juice. This is different from regular lime juice which you can read more on below.
- Cream of coconut: This adds a little flavor and creaminess to the martini. I like using the Coco Lopez brand and you can find it in the international food aisle of your grocery store. I love it in my Coconut Margarita too!
- Heavy whipping cream: It will give this martini recipe the perfect decadent taste and creaminess you are looking for. If you can’t find heavy whipping cream, use half and half (half heavy cream and half whole milk) or milk, just know your cocktail won’t be as thick and creamy.
Key Lime vs Lime
Both key limes and limes are citrus fruits, but they do have a different taste to them. Key limes are much smaller than regular limes, have thinner skin, and are a touch sweeter. For this martini recipe, we just need the juice from key limes. If you can find fresh key limes to juice yourself, do that. If you can’t find fresh key limes or they are out of season, you can find a bottle near the lime juice bottles or get it from Amazon.
I do not recommend using lime juice in place of key lime juice. You will find that regular lime juice is much too tart for this recipe.
Key Lime Juice
Cream of Coconut
Cream of coconut is coconut milk that is sweetened and thick. It is not the same thing as regular coconut milk or coconut cream. You do not want to use coconut milk or coconut cream in place of this, as your key lime pie martini won’t be as sweet as you want it to be. You can find it in the international food aisle of your grocery store or I share a handy squeeze bottle below that makes it easy to add to drink recipes like this one!
Cream of Coconut
How To Make a Key Lime Pie Martini
This martini recipe couldn’t be more simple to make. Shake all of the ingredients together in a metal martini shaker with some ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. For the ingredient measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
If you want to get really fancy, use a slice of key lime or regular lime to get the edge of your glass wet before dipping it in graham cracker crumbs, really simulating a key lime pie.
Other Martini Recipes
If you are looking for other martinis to try after this key lime pie martini recipe, I’ve got a list of them from sweet to savory.
- For another sweet and tart cocktail, try this Lemon Drop Martini.
- If you are looking to balance the sweetness of this recipe with something savory, make my Dirty Martini Recipe.
- You are sure to love the chocolate in this Baileys Chocolate Martini.
- The richness of my Chocolate Covered Cherry Martini is another dessert in a glass that you’ll crave!
If you try this Key Lime Martini Recipe or any of my other recipes, please leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Key Lime Martini
- Shake ingredients well with ice and strain into a martini glass.