This Pumpkin Cheesecake Braid is easy to throw together with just a few simple ingredients, but it is sure to impress. Serve it as part of a holiday brunch or just whip it up as a fun and easy dessert!
This braid comes together super easily. Made with just six simple ingredients and looks so pretty, you are going to want to make this for everyone this fall!
That pumpkin cheesecake braid looks so good! It would make a really nice addition to holiday parties. Braided breads look super fancy but they are simple to make.
How to Make a Pumpkin Cheesecake Braid
This is a brief overview of just how easy it is to make an easy pumpkin cheesecake braid. Make sure to get the full list of ingredients and steps in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
- Make the pumpkin cheesecake filling. Mix together the pumpkin (see below on how easy it is to make pumpkin puree at home), cream cheese, pumpkin spice, and brown sugar.
- Prepare the dough. Spread out your dough and make cuts down the side of the dough an inch apart on both sides. It is important to do this step on the baking sheet you will bake it on as it is too tricky to move after constructing.
- Make the braid. Spread the pumpkin mixture down the middle of the dough and cross the strips making a braid.
- Brush with egg whites. Brush the egg whites over the braided dough, and then sprinkle with sugar and bake.
- Top and enjoy! Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cut into strips, and enjoy.
Make Pumpkin Spice
If you love all things pumpkin spice this time of year, you can make your own! Pumpkin Spice is an easy spice mixture to make, and I bet you have everything you need for it already. Get my recipe below, as well as a number of recipes you can use it in.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
Are canned pumpkin and pumpkin puree the same thing?
Yes! Canned pumpkin and pumpkin puree are the same thing. Make sure when you buy the ingredients for this recipe that your can of pumpkin says 100% Pumpkin Purée. You do not want to buy pumpkin pie filling as it will not perform the same as puree in this recipe.
Store your baked pumpkin cheesecake braid in an airtight container for up to three days. Because we are using a pre-made, store-bought dough, this recipe is best when it is eaten right after being made. If you do have leftovers, they can be store in an air tight container for up to three days. As with all recipes, use your best discretion when it comes to leftovers.
Other Pumpkin Recipes
If you try this pumpkin cheesecake braid or any of my other pumpkin dessert recipes, leave a comment to tell me what you think!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Braid
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, pumpkin spice, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Spread the crescent roll dough out on a silicon mat or parchment paper on a baking pan. Leaving three inches in the middle, make cuts down the side of the dough an inch apart on both sides.
- Spread the pumpkin mixture down the middle of the dough. Fold up the ends of the dough. Take a strip of dough from one side and fold it over the middle mixture. Then take a strip from the other side and fold it over the middle. Continue down the dough, alternating sides until it is completely folded over.
- Brush the egg whites over the braided crescent dough and then sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until the dough is golden and firm. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cut into strips, and enjoy immediately.