This Rainbow Fruit Pizza Recipe is a party pleasing favorite! Fresh fruit, a sweet crust and creamy topping makes this a delightful dessert for any occasion.
This Rainbow Fruit Pizza Recipe is one of those treats guaranteed to bring smiles to the faces of those you love! Well, maybe not guaranteed but it tends to be a fun, happy, delightful dessert. It’s hard to eat a slice of brightly colored sugar cookie without feeling a bit better about things, right? Especially with juicy, sweet fruit in shades of the rainbow! An easy cookie crust and simple frosting makes this a delicious treat to satisfy any sweet tooth.
We love serving this fruit pizza recipe for St. Patrick’s Day, but it could easily make a perfect birthday cake or spring time treat. Let me know in the comments when you like to serve fruit pizza. So yummy!
EASY COOKIE CRUST
The best part about this delightful dessert is how EASY it is to make! Sure you can make a homemade cookie crust (try this Perfect Sugar Cookie recipe or this Lemon Sugar Cookie recipe if you want to go that route). OR you can pop open a can of pre-made sugar cookie dough. I love using Pillsbury sugar cookie dough, especially when I need a sweet dessert super quickly.
FRUIT PIZZA FROSTING
In order to let the sweetness of the fruit take center stage for this recipe, don’t use regular buttercream frosting. Opt for something a little less sweet, but still fluffy and tasty and you’ll love the creamy combination! Here’s all you need:
- A couple of cups of whipped topping. You can use regular Cool Whip, or even the low fat or sugar free versions.
- Vanilla pudding mix. You will be amazed at how much flavor the vanilla mix gives to this topping. So rich and creamy, and absolutely delicious with your fruit.
- A little bit of milk to thin out the creamy mixture.
Whip it all together with a hand mixer until it’s light and fluffy. Simple, sweet but not too sweet, and so yummy!
WHAT KIND OF FRUIT TO USE ON A FRUIT PIZZA
I love making this fruit pizza into a rainbow, especially if I’m serving it for St. Patrick’s Day. But you can easily create any combination and pattern of fruit you like. This is such a versatile recipe! But here’s some of my favorite fruits to use:
- Sliced strawberries
- Cantaloupe (I like to use a small cookie cutter to make star shapes for a whimsical design)
- Fresh pineapple (you can use canned chunks too if you like)
- Sliced kiwi
You could also use raspberries, peaches, sliced grapes, watermelon, cherries, bananas, whatever you like!
MORE DELICIOUS SUGAR COOKIE RECIPES
If you love this pretty fruit pizza recipe you’ll love these other yummy sugar cookie treats for special occasions:
- Rainbow Sugar Cookie Cake
- Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars
- Grinch Sugar Cookie Bars
- Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Fudge Bars
Have fun making this fun treat with your kids; they’ll love to help decorating and eating it. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this yummy recipe. Please feel free to leave a comment below or even a picture of your creations. Enjoy!
Rainbow Fruit Pizza Recipe
- For the Crust
- 1 16.5oz package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough (I used Pillsbury)
- For Frosting
- 2 cups cool whip
- 1 package of vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup milk
- For the Topping
- strawberries 5 medium
- cantaloupe slices cut out with a star cookie cutter
- kiwi 1
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread out the cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet or a pizza stone (if you want to serve it on a nice plate, it would work best to put it on two pieces of parchment paper that can be pulled out after cooling.)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cookie is golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Using a handheld mixer on medium, mix the cool whip, pudding mix, and milk together until smooth and fluffy, about three minutes. Spread out on the cooled cookie.
- Add the strawberries, then cantaloupe, then pineapple, then kiwi, then blueberries, then blackberries.
- Cut and serve!