This Tropical Banana Split is so easy to throw together, but so delicious! Perfect for forgetting winter! I’m so excited to be partnering with Turbana to bring you this fun treat!
So when Gavin was a baby (and by baby I totally mean toddler) one of my favorite places to take him was to our local children’s museum, Betty Brinn. I mean, it’s called a children’s museum, but it seriously is like an educational fun land. It’s amazing. So interactive, TONS of things for kids of all ages to do. We actually had a membership and went several times a month because we loved it so much.
Besides all the amazing things that Betty Brinn has to offer kids . . . you guys. It’s inside. I live in Wisconsin. It’s winter here like 8 months out of the year. Inside is a huge selling point. ;)
This Tropical Banana Split is also a perfect way to escape the winter! Annnnnnd, this Saturday (February 13th) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Turbana and Sendik’s are sponsoring a fun Valentine’s Day Ice Cream Social at Betty Brinn and this will be the featured recipe! So if you hit up Sendik’s and buy any of the following you can receive free admission to the event! (One admission per item.)
- Loaf of Breadsmith bread
- Half-gallon of Kemps flavored milk
- Palermo’s Primo Thin pizza
- Any two Sargento items
- Turbana bananas (2 lbs. or more)
Espcaping the cold, playing with your kids, and eating THIS. Pretty much the best Saturday ever. And if you aren’t local, no worries, you can find some Turbana bananas where you are and make this amazing dessert at home. And forget about winter!
Tropical Banana Split
- 1 Turbana banana cut in half
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup Fyffes pineapple diced
- 1/4 cup Fyffes shredded coconut toasted
- whip cream and cherries optional
- Slice the banana in half, add two scoops of ice cream, the diced pineapple, toasted coconut, whip cream and cherries.