Twinkie Bomb Pie

posted: 08/12/13

Twinkie Bomb Pie is a unique twist on the typical pie. Your friends and family will be shocked when you tell them what it’s made with!

Twinkie Bomb Pie! That’s right, a pie. Made out of Twinkies. #Boom.

Twinkie Bomb Pie! That's right, a pie. Made out of Twinkies. #Boom. via www.wineandglue.com

Have you heard that Twinkies are back??

They are so back in fact, that when I first went to buy a box at the grocery store to make this pie, the shelf where they would be was completely empty.

Gone. None left. Zip. Zero. Zilch.

People need their Twinkies, yo!

As soon as I heard that Twinkies were coming back, I knew that I wanted to make this pie.

Bomb pies are the  . . . . bomb. (Pun absolutely intended . . . does that even count as a pun? Or just really bad writing?)

I love making bomb pies. You just take something delicious, add some butter and eggs, throw it in a pie shell, and make it five times more delicious. In fact, dare I say that bomb pies are the only kind of pies I know how to make.

Twinkie Bomb Pie: The Bomb

Not only that, but bomb pies are super easy to make. This one included!! Break up some Twinkies, throw in a few other ingredients and bake it in a premade pie shell. The cream lends itself to the bomb pie so well, and your friends will be all, “What the what?? You made me a Twinkie pie?? You the bomb!!” And you’ll be all, “No, this pie’s the bomb!! A bomb pie that is!”

I know. More horrible writing. Don’t let my awful writing today reflect poorly on the pie. It’s a super yummy pie.

Yo.

Twinkie Bomb Pie Recipe

• one refrigerated pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
  • A box of Twinkies broken unwrapped and broken up
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1 stick of butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 TBSP vinegar
  1. Preheat the oven to 350, and line a pie pan with the refrigerated pie crust.
  2. Break up the Twinkies (we are talking like at least four pieces for each Twinkie). Mix them with the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and vinegar.
  3. Pour it in the pie crust and bake for 38 minutes or until the top of the the crust is golden.
  4. Top with whip cream and serve.

Looking for more bomb pies?

birthday_cake_oreo_cake_pie

chocolate_bacon_pie

1. Cheryle says

Behind the times, just found your site. This looks great will definitely try. But does anyone know where I can get a recipe for the old fashion Banana Flips? There is a filling folded in a cake like a taco. I haven’t found them since I moved to Alabama from Kansas.

• debarineh says

I made this for my family tonight and left the melted butter sitting in the microwave. They still loved it.

2. Joanie says

Hi!

When you say “pre-made” pie crust, do you mean pre-baked or pre-made raw dough to line the baking pan? I can’t wait to try this recipe.

Thanks.

Joanie

This is such a good question Joanie! I was referring to refrigerated pie crust. I’ll change the recipe. Thanks!

3. Justine says

What kind of vinegar do you recommend?

Hi Justine! Any kind of white vinegar will be fine. I think the brand I used was Heinz.

4. Ursula says

Regarding the Twinkie Bomb Pie, one quick question: when you say “mix” the remaining ingredients with the broken up pieces of twinkies, do you mean mix with a mixer or just with a large spoon?

Just with a large spoon, Ursula. :)

5. SHRON says

HELLO,
    FOR THE TWINKIE BOMB PIE, HOW MANY TWINKIES ARE IN A BOX?

THANKS!

SHARON

6. Nikky says

Does this same concept work with the twinkies being substituted for similar Hostess or Little Debbie treats (such as ho-hos, or oatmeal creme pies) or would alterations to the other ingredient amounts need to be made? Your help is greatly appreciated. Just wondering what a good guideline to try some other treats made into pies. Thanks!

Hi Nikki! I would think that as long as it is the same amount as is in the Twinkies (weight wise) it should work out. But my disclaimer is always if I haven’t tried it I can’t say for sure.

7. Annie White says

How many twinkies would that be in that pie? 8?

I am 99% sure that I used 10 Annie :)

Trackbacks

1. […] a stressful busy job that requires me to try out different foods.  Like crazy foods . . . like Twinkie Bomb Pies and Cheesecakes that taste like Cake Batter.  The Freshman 15 of Blogging is no joke, […]

2. […] made from cupcakes.  Or toffee with bacon in it.  Or a whole pie crust made from cookie dough.  Or a whole pie made out of Twinkies . . . I would call it a calling, but that a seems a little dramatic, […]