Everything Bagel Seasoning is a simple combination of seasonings used on everything bagels. It’s absolutely delicious and fast to make at home. Don’t wait for your next bagel for this delicious flavor combo!
I have been obsessed with Everything Bagels for as long as I can remember. Back when I was a teenager and had a metabolism to envy, my favorite “snack” was an everything bagel with cream cheese and avocado on it.
With Everything Bagel Seasoning, it is possible to get that great taste without the calorie bomb that comes from that “snack.” I love adding this to so many things, but especially my scrambled eggs in the morning.
This recipe was made off of Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning, and I think it is pretty spot on to the store bought version. I love being able to make my own seasoning mixes at home.
What is in Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Sesame Seeds are the first ingredient. You can find these in bulk for a reasonable price. You don’t need to buy the roasted kind, uncooked will work great here.
- Dried Minced Garlic can be found with spices and seasonings in the grocery store.
- Dried Minced Onion is something we always have on hand and use in our French Dip recipe.
- Kosher Salt is an important ingredient, and it is not the same as table salt. If you only have table salt, make sure to cut back the amount used and add more to taste.
- Black Sesame Seeds add such a great color in this recipe.
- Poppyseeds are the perfect addition to Everything Bagel Seasoning.
How to Make Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Whisk together all the seasonings.
- Store in an airtight container for up to six months.
How to Use Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe
This would be great mixed into a cream cheese and sour cream dip that you serve with bagel chips.
Leave out the dill pickles and add a little of it to the cream cheese before making my Ham and Cheese Roll Ups.
It would be great mixed with butter on top of sliders!
You can store this in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to six months.
These are often found in the international food aisle of the grocery store. They also can be found online.
Yes, this is true, if your employer does random testing, the poppyseeds in this recipe can make you come up positive. However, they will clear your system within 48 hours.
If you make this Everything Bagel Seasoning recipe or any of my other recipes, leave me a comment and let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container and use within 6 months of mixing.